LegacyGT.com

Discount Tire's Certificate for Free Replacement

GTLTDGOLFR

This (see below) costs $50 for four new tires. Looks worthwhile. Is it?

Ever had a blowout on the freeway? How about a run-in with a pothole? You've no doubt seen debris in the road such as broken glass and nails. Our Certificates for Free Replacement eliminate the financial burden of replacing these damaged tires.</SPAN>

Your spare tire is a temporary solution. Unfortunately, more often than not, the tire cannot be repaired and must be replaced. Now imagine this happening while there is still plenty of life left in the tire. Having to pay for a tire twice would frustrate anyone.</SPAN>

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/images/kotspacer.gifhttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/images/kindsVan.jpghttp://www.discounttiredirect.com/images/kotspacer.gifHow am I covered?

In the event one or more of your tires fail due to defect, or incurs damage that cannot be repaired, Discount Tire Direct will replace it absolutely FREE, (this includes freight to you). Regardless of the number of miles you put on the tires, you will be covered for the life of the original tread down to 3/32" remaining, or 3 years from the date of purchase. We have been offering this warranty for over 30 years. This Certificate for Free Replacement is unbeatable in the tire industry!

How do I redeem the Certificate for Free Replacement?

There are two convenient ways you can redeem this certificate:

1) Call any sales agent at Discount Tire Direct, tell them you had a tire problem and are covered under our Certificate for Free Replacement. A replacement* tire will be sent to you free of charge. At that time, you do have the option to purchase the Certificate for Free Replacement for the replacement tire.

Note: Discount Tire Direct reserves the right to have damaged tires returned for inspection.** This will be at the owner's expense.

2) You can go to any Discount Tire Company/America's Tire Company retail store. Their friendly staff will be happy to help you to get the replacement* tire you need.

Can I purchase the Certificate for Free Replacement after I buy tires?

If you have not purchased the Certificate for Free Replacement for your new tires, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to do so. You can do this by giving our courteous staff a call at 888-852-7476. Tell them you would like to buy the Certificate for Free Replacement for your tires. Remember, the sooner you call, the sooner you will be covered!

What do the Certificates for Free Replacement not cover?

Abnormal tire wear. Reasons for abnormal wear include a vehicle being out of alignment, suspension problems or improper tire inflation.

Damage caused by collision, vandalism, or willful abuse.

"Cupping" due to lack of rotation. Tires should be rotated every 5,000 to 7,000 miles.

Tire(s) worn past the wear bar.

Labor in regards to mounting, balancing or bolting on of new tire(s).

In what states are the retail outlets located?

Our parent company has outlets in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington.

*In the event the registered tire is discontinued or not available, a tire of similar value will be substituted.

**Please read "What is not covered" regarding inspection. Tires returned for inspection must pass those guidelines for credit to be issued.

Not really. Remember, our cars are AWD, so if one goes, and they are not new, you have to replace all of them

You might be able to get away with shaving down a new tire when the time comes, but that isn't really exact.

I was in the same position, and I asked them if I can cash in all certificates all at once to get all four replaced if I have a blowout or something. The guy said they probably could work something out...but I didn't take their word on it and passed on the certs.

They told me that if the difference was out of specs by the manual, they would replace all 4. Based on previous dealing w/ Discount tire, I did believe them. Haven't had to use it so fat, but since they ended up giving me the tires for the same price as the lowest price I could find online including the warranty, I was in...

Ted

:spin:

I have now purchase 1 set of rims and 3 sets of tires from DT. I have also gotten 2 other people to buy from them. No one has had a single complaint and I have gotten them to match the best internet pricing in every case... :D

I like having them their if anything does happen...

Ted

My only complaint with discount tire is they are always too busy or understaffed or a combination of the two. I love their tire warranty and my brother has had 3 of his tires replaced under that warranty.

I may or may not go to them...really depends on if I can find a store that is not busy. The nice thing is though they are willing to pricematch tirerack etc.

ALWAYS read the fine print. Tirerack offered me the same deal and I refused. I read over the details and it was a free tire for 1 year since purchase, after one year the tire "depreciates" and if it blows you have to pay the cost of the depreciation. Do I really sound that stupid?
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

The Discount Tire Warranty is not prorated. If the damage occurs, you get a new tire. That is why I asked about the 4 tire thing for AWD...

I don't think they cover rims. I bought a set there though, so I will check into it...

I did the same warranty with Discount on my tires here in Washington state/ Seattle area. Here the roads seem to be in a constant state of repair or extreme deterioration. I also drive a lot of fire roads with the car to get to climbing & hiking. I also just went in for a re-balance check, they had me in and out in one hour and that was with a full house of other clients. I thought that was a reasonable time frame. It's not like I've hired my own personal mechanic... :lol:

Cheers,

Mike

I dropped off my summer rims/tires for balancing on Monday evening about 10 minutes before closeing time. They called me Tuesday morning at 8 am to say they were ready... :iam:

Mounted them last night :D

With two sets of tires and rims, it always has worked out great for me...

Ted

All of the above...

Here in CO we have Potholes about 1-2' deep because of all the snow. If I am not watching, I WILL need a new tire :(

In Massachusetts we call a 2" pothole a minor dip on the freeway! In Boston, unless they are big enough to swallow a Smart car, They won't fix em'! They are usually disguised by a two inch deep puddle. :lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

if your going to go in for serivce, i would always set up an appointment

no matter how many cars are there, your work order will be sent to the front of the line

so as soon as a car pulls out, your car will be pulled in.

discount absolutely honors their certificate program .......... replacing all 4 because of 1, don't know, but if you were sold certs on that basis a complaint to regional would get you all 4. If that is truly the case, then certs are worth it imo. like all programs of that nature it's a significant revenue generator for the company, but with awd it might work out ....

I buy all my new tires through them and buy certs on anything I think I'll keep long term because I'll end up using them ..... nail in the sidewall magnet. I've lost a ton of tires to various normal things like sidewall punctures, sidewall bubbles from potholes, cracked valvestems causing rapid deflation which results in tire toastiness, and even killed a tire by hitting a chunk of a desk in heavy traffic ....... all replaced no problem.

They do not cover vandalism so if you've pissed somebody off that likes to slit tires ...... don't buy certs. ;)

you get a prorated warranty based on tread depth at the time of tire death automatically when you purchase tires at discount.

Archived