LegacyGT.com

Retro fit source issues.

Ok so I bought an hid kit from retro fit source probably about a year and a half or 2 years ago.

Within the first 6 months to a year I have been through at least 4 bulbs. They up until now have been great with just sending me a new bulb. But they sent me new bulbs back in May of last year but didn't feel like messing with them so just left regular bulbs in up until tonight. Decided why not I'll throw em back in got some time to kill.

Well went to grab the 2 brand new never used or even opened envelope to find both bulbs are blown.

Has anyone else had this many issues out of retro fit source or their kits. I spent $150 for this kit for a reason, everything I had heard was that they were very reputable. But I feel like for $150 I should be getting much better quality.

Thanks for an input.

Never had a problem with TRS.. Give them a call and ask for Matt to see what he can do to help you. They're probably swamped with backlogged emails and such because of the storm... just an fyi.

I've been using Morimoto 3Five ballasts and the rebased HID bulbs for years with no problems.

I haven't heard of an issue with the bulbs. The SS ballasts are having cold weather issues currently. It sounds like if they have replaced your bulbs several times, they should simply replace your entire kit. Wiring and everything. If you still have issues you may have a car issue.

Archived