LegacyGT.com

Pre-purchase inspection at different dealership...acceptable?

I'm interested in an '07 Legacy GTL that I found at a Mini dealership nearby. 113K miles, clean carfax.

I've read that GTL's are a little more high maintenance than other Legacy's, and but also the fact that it was inspected by some guys at a Mini dealership, and the fact that I know much more about Accords/Civics, makes me a little apprehensive.

Is it common practice for dealerships to allow pre-purchase inspections at a Subaru dealerships? Would the Subaru dealership examine the car? Just looking for a little more info on how this all works...

I'd absolutely recommend taking it to someone who knows subarus. Let us know where you're at and someone can recommend a good shop. I've had two legacys and both dealerships let me take it to mechanic of my choice for an inspection. It would be odd if they don't allow it. They might be trying to hide something, but you're buying the car so you should know everything about it.

GTL? Do you mean LGT? Legacy GT?

I'm moving there later this year. Looking forward to my Spec B gaining about $3k in value heh.

Archived