LegacyGT.com

Chassis braces

scottj

Looking at the "How much $$ you spent in suspension mods until you were happy? " thread I was surprised how many people had lower chassis braces and strut tower braces.

I'm curious if people noticed much change when they installed their braces? The OEM setup looks pretty good, with the steering rack subframe and rear subframe. The aftermarket braces look underwhelming and most of the front strut tower braces don't look that strong since they aren't straight pieces of tubing because they have to get around the OEM intercooler.

I have both front and rear AVO under braces with oem sway bars and new Perrin front bar end links and AVO & Whiteline LCA bushings. everything else is stock.

The car feels more connected to the road when I make a small direction change to miss a manhole cover or pothole.

I installed the front bar a year ago and could feel a small difference. 2 weeks ago I paid to have the rear bar and bushings installed. I couldn't get leverage in the driveway to install the rear brace.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Braces aren't of much help if the other parts of the car are still on rubber bushes and squirming around. I would always fit strut and lower chassis braces as the last mods once all other things have been done.

I have Cusco front and rear under bracing in addition to cusco sways, poly bushings and other suspension bushing upgrades. I like the difference the under bracing adds. It has also held up very well over the years and for the money its a pretty cheap upgrade.

I have Cusco front and rear under bracing in addition to cusco sways, poly bushings and other suspension bushing upgrades. I like the difference the under bracing adds. It has also held up very well over the years and for the money its a pretty cheap upgrade.

Same fr me,,agreed.I've used the Cusco underbraces on my 02 wrx,04STi and now the GT.They def work in conjunction with other suspension mods.

Archived