LegacyGT.com

2007 Auto Lgt Reflash Shutter Problem

I am happy for those of you who have been able to get your ECU reflashed and the stutter problem removed.

I just came back from dealer and they said that they hooked up my ECU to the online system and there was no reflash due.

They stated that there is a reflash for the 2007 Manual LGT but not the Automatic LGT, which I own.

I run this car at the track, both road and drag, and do not want to have this issue any further.

HAS ANYONE WITH A 2007 AUTO LGT RECEIVED A REFLASH?

HAS ANYONE CREATED A CASE NUMBER WITH SOA FOR THE 2007 AUTO LGT?

Dude, you havent seen my replies to you in the other threads you posted in?

Its not Turbo Lag. Some people dont know what they are talking about OPIE...

Search my posts, look what I have for information regarding this issue. I have an 08 LGT Auto with the same issue. It is confirmed with SOA that there is not currently a reflash available for AT. No one can tell me why though.

UPDATE ON MY 2007 (&2006) LGT AUTO:

Just came back from a different dealer, Subaru of Gwinnett, GA, and spoke to Neal O’Leary about the stutter/dip.

He knew all about the ongoing problem with the ECU programming and the stutter/dip.

He explained that due to emissions changes that effected the 2006 and 2007 models of the Legacy and STI, that the ECU programming was faulted. Subaru had to adjust to meet the emissions standards and therefore caused poor programming in the ECU creating the stutter/dip.

Subaru has not yet figured out how to meet the emissions standards while maintaining / restoring the “brochure” stated performance.

He also said, and I am not sure it is true, that “the automatic should be a faster car than the manual, in a straight out ¼ mile run; especially the 6-speed.?”

He had no hope insight for a Subaru provided fix.

He did say that COBB and another vendor (accutech or something similar) are creating ECU maps for the 2006/2007 LGT. The programming will use the SI-Drive button to provide three different levels of performance. Cool idea to use the SI-Drive button to control the aftermarket ECU programs. I=Quick, S=Shit, S#=HOLY SHIT.

Options:

1. Live with it and hope and wait for Subaru to make a fix.

2. Get and aftermarket ECU reflash and void your warrenty.

3. Try to get a LEMON LAW return approved.

I bought this car for the handling, speed, and sleeper body. I dragged raced it three times at the track. All three times I ran a 14.9 something, at 94.something MPH. This car is faster than that.

UPDATE ON MY 2007 (&2006) LGT AUTO:

Just came back from a different dealer, Subaru of Gwinnett, GA, and spoke to Neal O’Leary about the stutter/dip.

He knew all about the ongoing problem with the ECU programming and the stutter/dip.

He explained that due to emissions changes that effected the 2006 and 2007 models of the Legacy and STI, that the ECU programming was faulted. Subaru had to adjust to meet the emissions standards and therefore caused poor programming in the ECU creating the stutter/dip.

Subaru has not yet figured out how to meet the emissions standards while maintaining / restoring the “brochure” stated performance.

He also said, and I am not sure it is true, that “the automatic should be a faster car than the manual, in a straight out ¼ mile run; especially the 6-speed.?”

He had no hope insight for a Subaru provided fix.

He did say that COBB and another vendor (accutech or something similar) are creating ECU maps for the 2006/2007 LGT. The programming will use the SI-Drive button to provide three different levels of performance. Cool idea to use the SI-Drive button to control the aftermarket ECU programs. I=Quick, S=Shit, S#=HOLY SHIT.

Options:

1. Live with it and hope and wait for Subaru to make a fix.

2. Get and aftermarket ECU reflash and void your warrenty.

3. Try to get a LEMON LAW return approved.

I bought this car for the handling, speed, and sleeper body. I dragged raced it three times at the track. All three times I ran a 14.9 something, at 94.something MPH. This car is faster than that.

OK, your stock 5EAT runs 14.9 in the 1/4. that's exactly what it's supposed to do. :rolleyes: do more research. the stutter issue is on the MT, not the 5EAT.

also, they cannot void your warranty by reflashing your ecu. now if someone gives you a craptacular map that screws up something in the car, they may deny warranty work on that particular part/issue. just because you have ECM on your car (which most dealerships probably wouldn't even know if you did unless it were obvious), they cannot just "void" your warranty. and i doubt turbo lag will qualify your car for the lemon law. :lol: Cobb just announced it's upcoming release of the AP for the 07+ LGT models. so an answer is right around the corner.

also, off the line, a 5EAT will most likely be faster, however over the 1/4, the MT will catch up and will pass the 5EAT. Simple as that. Running my car stock, very first time at the 1320, I only ran a 15.003 s. I would imagine a stg 1 (ECM only) would get you closer to low-mid 14's. Add a few more bolt ons and reflash it, and you should easily be mid-high 13's. Slap on every single bolt on available (not including the turbo) and you should be low 13's.

Do some research.... most of us have journeyed down this path.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

There are too many service managers to count that dont know what they are talking about.:rolleyes:

and there are a lot of members who think they know **** and don't. :rolleyes: willing to bet Opie has a clue.

:lol: Thanks AKLGT!

I was a Subie enthusiast long, long before I ever became a service manager...

My GT M/T no stutter, or shudder...my '07 Forester XT Auto has no stutter, or shudder...

...and I would bet that Mr. O'Leary didn't say exactly that...he probably said something closer to; "that due to emissions programming changes that effected the turbocharged and M/T equipped 2006 and 2007 Subaru models, that the originally released ECU programming was faulted. Subaru had to adjust that programming with a reflash that met the emissions standards and eliminated the faulted programming in the ECU that was causing the stutter/dip. The A/T Models didn't have this problem."

:lol: Thanks AKLGT!

I was a Subie enthusiast long, long before I ever became a service manager...

My GT M/T no stutter, or shudder...my '07 Forester XT Auto has no stutter, or shudder...

...and I would bet that Mr. O'Leary didn't say exactly that...he probably said something closer to; "that due to emissions programming changes that effected the turbocharged and M/T equipped 2006 and 2007 Subaru models, that the originally released ECU programming was faulted. Subaru had to adjust that programming with a reflash that met the emissions standards and eliminated the faulted programming in the ECU that was causing the stutter/dip. The A/T Models didn't have this problem."

well, i understand how it goes. i'm married to the Subaru service department and those guys are anything but your average techs or monkey wrenchers. :lol:

and he prob still charges you full price for all work done too huh?

no. i get employee pricing if it's booked. otherwise, for custom work, that's done after hours and not at the shop (usually)

employee pricing huh? why not husband buys for wife pricing? :p

:lol::lol::lol:

it all comes from the same place. besides, if i had to wait for him to do it, than i'd be waiting a long time. i believe in instant gratification! besides, i just walk in, tell the parts counter what i'm needing or walk in the back to talk to the techs. if it must be booked, than hubby will book it.

our techs here, are awesome! the dealership also holds events during the winter time called Outlaw Night where they will install things at a reduced rate. They are a Cobb, Rally Armor, Perrin, etc dealer so if someone wants a turbo swap done by trained techs, they can do that at a reduced labor rate during that evening. They will do anything from a FMIC to a custom DP. ;) Where'd you think I got my custom 3" DP and SPT CBE (that had to be altered) done? :lol:

so you see, not every dealership has idiot techs or employees. These guys do great work and take pride in the fact they can do just about anything, especially when it comes to Subies. Having said that, I have dealt with other service departments who were complete morons.

Thanks for the comments about what my dealer said, Neal O’Leary. I agree that the only auto that I have seen that is faster than it MT brother is a 911, Lambo, Ferry, etc. I doubt that the Auto LGT is faster than the MT. However, the Auto should be faster than I stated @ 14.9. C&D & road & track rate the Spec B at 13.8 1/4, 5.1 0-60. I except the auto to be a least mid 14's to low 14's.

I know how drag, it was not first time.

I will say that this car is sick. I smoked the lap times of a S2000 turbo, Miata with sus work, GS400 turbo loaded, and G35S with sus. My car is stock with those shitty RE92 tires. I, nor my pro driver friends, (one drives as an instructor at Ponzo Road Atl, could get the car to slide out. Either we were going to launch the car into the woods on a turn, or in stuck. They loved driving my car! The only car there that blew us all away was a full race ready, stripped down, Supercharged '05 Vet.

Anyway, please do not stand here and tell me that the Stutter/dip is imaginary.

I, and my friends, have built race cars, turbo cars, a car for PINKS (we won Feb '08), and we all agree that there is crap programming causing the stutter.

I am disappointed to here that an aftermarket reflash has not solved the issues.

I am not the only one in this boat. There are a few other threads dedicated to this issue. Many of them on this thread had a Spec B and got a reflash from Subaru. If you do not notice your stutter/dip, maybe you drive the car like an old lady on her way to church. Push your car off the line, or floor it in traffic, you will feel and see the dip/stutter in the RPM's mid range, in mid gear. This is not turbo lag, turbo surge, but rather crappy Subaru programming.

One guy here has already started the LEMON LAW process. He has made 20 visits to the dealer and is raking up dealer paid rental car fees.

Here are the other threads about the Stutter / DIP.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59243

LEMON THREAD

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62040

If this is not studder, then someone explain to me what it is. Don't believe it is turbo lag. I have an OBXT 5EAT. So I don't believe that the studder is not on the auto's.

+1, Does not look like turbo lag ;)

If this is not studder, then someone explain to me what it is. Don't believe it is turbo lag. I have an OBXT 5EAT. So I don't believe that the studder is not on the auto's.

That's awesome that somebody actually has undeniable proof that the stutter exists! I sure would like to show that graph to a SOA rep and then hear him try to tell me that "the car is operating the way it is supposed to," as they have told others here. I would be embarrassed to make such a statement with that graph sitting right in front of me.

Archived