LegacyGT.com

Fast Motorsports TMIC install review

This first post will be a little premature since I don't have the pics annotated yet, but I just wanted to let everyone know, and air my grievances.

The TMIC kit that was sold to fit the Gen. 4 legacy GT, does not fit without modification to the install kit (including having to drill new holes and bend and reshape brackets). The holes that are drilled and tapped for the BOV are far from the correct size and replacement bolts are not provided with the kit, and the piece that was suppose to mount to the hood(air dam) that would force air over the TMIC was designed to fit a WRX ( I assume ) but will not fit the LGT. Also the kit does not come with any instructions and from what I understand their are none to be had. It took me a little over three hours to sort out the way the kit was intended to be installed and then make the changes to implement the intended design. it really seems like a kit that was designed for a WRX and the some what adapted to the LGT platform.

On a more positive note once the kit was installed it does not leak and does seem to work as an inter cooler should. In hind sight I would have gone with a more reputable company and spent the extra money for a better experience and having a little more confidence in the product installed. With out being able to use the modified ducting for the wider IC im not sure the efficiency will be greatly increased.

I just got it on last night, and when I bought the car apparently the TMiC was already leaking so I was never able to experience the expected power. The inter cooler is thicker and longer than stock so it has a higher volume than factory, it also has a larger center mounted inlet and outlet than factory so I would assume it would flow a little better as well but I have no numbers to back this up, it's strictly based on the difference in the physical property and difference between both TMICs . For all the trouble this thing was to install I would just get their front mount.

Thanks for this review. I was looking at the TMIC kit, but after getting the CBE from FMS I wont ever purchase something of theirs again.

Im thinking Perrin, Torque, or something along these lines.

What was wrong with your FMS catback? I have one and love it.

Thanks for this review. I was looking at the TMIC kit, but after getting the CBE from FMS I wont ever purchase something of theirs again.

Im thinking Perrin, Torque, or something along these lines.

I have been told sometimes the Perrin doesn't even fit right. :-/

• Moderators
Depends on the leak. Generally, if the internal seal hadn't blown out and if you are able to squeeze the end tank back on and clamp the tabs bak down, then it can probably be fixed. I always recommend installing the mod BEFORE any issues start up, but that's not always the case.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived