LegacyGT.com

Db 20g 5eat

whoopwhoop

Just saw that UPS has delivered my deadbolt 20G to my tuner today.

Should but installed next week.

Here is a list of mods.

Perrin TMIC

Lachute DP

perrin uppipe

perrin inlet pipe

Perrin Fuel injectors

WB fuel pump

DB 20G

custom exhaust

stock mufflers

Custom dyno tune

Protorque Modified TQ converter

IPT custom Valve Body

ATF cooler

Will let everyone know in the next week or so how it performs.

Stock dyno was 166WHP shooting for 275-300whp

2005 Legacy GT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what kind of dyno was it?

If the car was healthy I'd guess a Dyno Dynamics or a hell of a heartbreaker Mustang dyno. For the guy who said that 166hp is low, you need to realize that all dynos read differently. The same car could easily put down 166 hp on one dyno and drive down the street and put down over 200 hp on another dyno.

If the car was healthy I'd guess a Dyno Dynamics or a hell of a heartbreaker Mustang dyno. For the guy who said that 166hp is low, you need to realize that all dynos read differently. The same car could easily put down 166 hp on one dyno and drive down the street and put down over 200 hp on another dyno.

166awhp to 200awhp from different dyno is pushing it

i've only seen about 20hp difference..but 40 is pushing it

and yes 166 does seem very low

but it's automatic...transmission takes more power away

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

166awhp to 200awhp from different dyno is pushing it

i've only seen about 20hp difference..but 40 is pushing it

I dyno'd at 330whp on a DynaPack, and a few weeks later I dyno'd 282 whp on a low-reading Mustang. So, depending on the dyno, correction factors, and other variations you can have large discrepancies. Again, dyno's are tuning tools.

-Mike-

Like many others have said, unless you're a total dyno queen, don't put too much faith in just the numbers. The absolute numbers is not what tuning is about.

Sure, it might look pretty, but it's just a tool.

And yes, one can get a huge disparity between different dynos - even ones of the same make/model, not to mention between different dyno days. Even "corrected."

My LGT "baselined," with a Perrin Short Ram, and Crucial UP and DP at 191 wHP. ECUTek tuned, with target boost at 17 psi, my final tune was 215 wHP, 225 wTQ.

Low? Certainly.

But to put things in-perspective, a stock Evo MR made a run right after me, and he barely crested 201 wHP to the wheels. A fully-supported (including FMIC) 20G-equipped STi barely pulled 300 wHP just an hour thereafter.

Talk about a pessimestic/harsh dyno. :lol: This is Buschur Racing's new Mustang, BTW.

At first, I almost didn't believe it, but my tuner (Al, from DynoFlash, so you know he's well-respected) said that he's seen even as low as 150 wHP on a stock LGT.

Don't put too much faith in numbers - get a baseline, and work to improve from there. :)

------

whoopwhoop - Best of luck! Keep us updated, please! That looks to be an impressive setup!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The fuel pump has already been installed, I am not sure if it was custom or if he knew some trick. But once I decided to do the 20G he said need new fuel pump and injectors and like 7 days later he said ok those are done!!!

Car is in Denver, CO so 5280ft, not sure if those numbers were corrected or actual. I do know my car was only getting about .8-.9 bar of boost according to my boost gauge.

Tried to get a hold of my tuner to ask which dyno it was but got his VM. I think the dyno was at TEC in Boulder, CO so if anyone here is from the Colorado area maybe they would know. But I just wanted a baseline to go from there.

On my STI i had the Perrin mufflers and swore no more aftermarket mufflers again. that car was soo stupid loud. I hated it.

I have a twin turbo corvette with GHL exhaust, when it used to be SC before the TT kit it was so loud and obnoxious too, but the TT kit really quieted that car down. I just dont want another loud car.

My TQ converter is on its way from Protorque finally, they claim they have been trying to get a hold of someone for shipping info?? :confused: I was like HELLO been calling you for weeks and no one knew where the part was, now all of a sudden the part has been done for 3 weeks and its my fault!!!! :mad:

Picked 3 day UPS, will have on Wednesday. Hopefully final install all finished by friday. Test and tune over the weekend and get my car next week.

Will keep everyone posted once its all done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yah, I would like to know???

Like Allen I got tuned by AL... he is awsome!!!!

on the heart-breaker, stage 2... piss poor well thats what I thought till after being tuned. Dave & Al both drove it & said it is way more then the dyno sheet.

AT's rock...... most dynos just dont show that

• 2 weeks later...

Strange, I was looking for this post. Somehow I got unsubscribed. :confused:

I have my car back.

The car is a Fn dog out of the HOLE. :( I pretty much hate it.

Once the car hits about 3800rpm it really starts to take off and screams up to 7000rpms.

I am working with world one performance to see if the issue is the tuning, the 20G the TQ convertor or something else.

My brother has an E500 4matic, and he kills me 0-80MPH but then I can catch up and run past him, but he has me by like 5 car lengths until 80MPH.

The car is just a dud out of the hole. I have actually been talking to DB to see if maybe I should swith over to the 18G.

I also have the IPT valve body, that seems to work pretty good, car shifts pretty fast and downshifts pretty fast.

But I am really disappointed in the PROTORQUE TQ Converter. I was told the WRXs now jump out of the hole with this TQC, but feels 100% the same. I will keep you posted on what happens here.

Archived