2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
Just read through this thread. It seems that computer CD audio 4 pin cables are the best source of pins right now? Did anyone find the pins that can be used with the stock i85 connector?

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Has anyone seen this adapter? I sent the seller a message to ask the pinout and plug dimensions.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=121744022059&fromWatch=true

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• I Donated
Has anyone seen this adapter? I sent the seller a message to ask the pinout and plug dimensions.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=121744022059&fromWatch=true

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

That is for a 08+ Impreza/09+ Forester/10+ Legacy radio, AFAIK. That's when they changed pinouts.

That is for a 08+ Impreza/09+ Forester/10+ Legacy radio, AFAIK. That's when they changed pinouts.

Thanks for the heads up. The seller told me it would work so I went ahead and ordered. :spin: The connector itself is the same through so I can remove the pins and move them around right?

• I Donated
Thanks for the heads up. The seller told me it would work so I went ahead and ordered. :spin: The connector itself is the same through so I can remove the pins and move them around right?

The connector is not in any way similar. IIRC, you need an i85 pass-through harness. SVXdc sells them.

The connector is not in any way similar. IIRC, you need an i85 pass-through harness. SVXdc sells them.

The connector looks pretty similar. They are both square 8 pin. The main connector changed from 14 pin to 20 pin. Is that what you are referring to?

• 1 year later...
alright, first post here and i'm bringing a thread back from the dead! i just bought a 2005 Legacy GT Wagon, and i'm picking up a radio out of a 2009 Legacy Limited tomorrow. anyone know if the ipod kit from a 2011 Impreza will work? or do i need the one SPECIFICALLY for the 09? thanksin advance!

• I Donated
alright, first post here and i'm bringing a thread back from the dead! i just bought a 2005 Legacy GT Wagon, and i'm picking up a radio out of a 2009 Legacy Limited tomorrow. anyone know if the ipod kit from a 2011 Impreza will work? or do i need the one SPECIFICALLY for the 09? thanksin advance!

My guess is no. The main harness for the radio changed in 08 for the Impreza, 09 for the Forester, and 10 for the Legacy/Outback. I'm guessing they changed the accessory harness at the same time, although I'm not sure.

My fear would be the ipod wont talk to it, unless its a really old ipod. Mine (07 i think) has a 12v connection, so you need to buy a 5V adapter for any of the more recent even 30 pin ipods, so thats step one.

I doubt the harness changed from 07-09. I would just be wary that the firmware on the ipod is too new, IF its a 30 pin, mine doesnt like anything with a lightning port even with the official apple adapter.

• 3 weeks later...

i just bought a 2005 Legacy GT Wagon, and i'm picking up a radio out of a 2009 Legacy Limited tomorrow. anyone know if the ipod kit from a 2011 Impreza will work? or do i need the one SPECIFICALLY for the 09?

My guess is no. The main harness for the radio changed in 08 for the Impreza, 09 for the Forester, and 10 for the Legacy/Outback. I'm guessing they changed the accessory harness at the same time, although I'm not sure.

The Subaru OEM sat radio kits connect to a secondary 20-pin expansion port socket (SIE bus) on the rear of the OEM head units. The type of harness the HU uses for the main speaker/power connections doesn't matter.

I don't know whether the newer Impreza sat radio kit will work with any of the 2008 or 2009 Legacy/Outback OEM HUs that have aux capability (P-204UN, P-204UH, P-206UNB, or P-206UHB). We need to hear from somebody who has tried it. I have a feeling that it won't work.

• 2 years later...

Are the P-204UH any more reliable than P-201UH or P-203UH? I am on my 3rd 201 and 203. The CD player just stops working altogether, and then the climate controls are intermittently funky. For example it goes completely blank but the radio is still on and the volume does nothing. Eventually it comes back to life. I am really just looking for a drop in replacement that is less likely to break.

What about swapping in the manual climate controls - would that even work? Then I could just run an aftermarket HU?

Edited by pjcampbell