LegacyGT.com

Quick Question Thread

I know me, and alot of others had quick questions. so here is mine for the hour.

Would someone selling a turbo kit that he threw together for some chevy car,

that only turob specs i was able to get so far off the add are

.70A/R cold- .64A/R hot, and its a T3/T4

would this be enough info to determine if it good turbo for my build? i looking to push a max of 20 psi. min 13.

Quick question about the greddy emanage, in our cars, we have to basically wire them in ourself wire by wire. possible right? and then what other sensors would be needed to boost our car with the factory ecu if the only thing im changing for the ecu is fuel air and spark, which is all handled by the emanage.

Well 20 Max. I'm building a short block atm.

Its rebranded garrat turbo that was used to push 440 whp on a 2.4 caviler

It has 4 inch inlet and a 2.5 outlet. I know its a bit over kill but it will be set up with a external waste gate.

Good luck with that. I sure hope your block can handle it. What block are you using and who is building it?

Thats a large turbo and running at 20psi will be overkill.

ok maybe 20 psi is to much? how much do sti's run stock and what can they handle stock?

my weakest link i have right now is sti pistons. and me and my teacher for school are building it.

just trying to beat my friends gst running 18 pounds though a 4g63? is 20 pounds overkill for that goal?

• I Donated

STI pistons are garbage. They like to get cracked ring lands....and its not a question of if it will happen...but when it will happen....and when you're starting to push more power then they were intended for, bad things will happen really fast.

You should seriously just buy decent internals and do it right the first time instead of trying to frenkenstein one piece off every Subaru on the road into one engine.

Your engine build is a big BOOM waiting to happen if you use 257 pistons

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived