LegacyGT.com

Gear selector finger...

dingbang

Anyone have any suggestions how to mate the rear half of the transmission to the front half and keep the shift rod finger in place. Mine keeps sliding off into the open space between 3/4 and 5/r rods. I've spent close to an hour wrestling with the thing and it's just making me angry :spin:

I replaced the front oil seal and needle bearing on the main shaft b/c I was leaking...now just to get the case back together! Any suggestions are welcome!

After another 30 min of wrestling with the thing, I got it. 4th gear engaged, slide on, jiggle 5th, turn input shaft...the satisfaction of the rear half fully seating. Out of the 17 hours I've put into this, pretty sure 8 have been doing some combination of hitting/jiggling/swearing/staring at the transmission. :D

• 1 year later...

I have a question for you, without opening it yet I can move the shifter rod to 3 positions (just pulling straight out or pushing in) I'm guessing it would be 3/N/4? I think if I pull it out to neutral I can move it so it locks into reverse.

I thought something was wrong because I was turning the input shaft when it was in N and the drive axle was still turning.

Archived