LegacyGT.com

Fender Flares

EpicRasta

So, its been pretty slow here at work and i've spent a couple hours (don't ask) looking at fender flare options for the LGT. Appearantly no one has actually tried this. A FEW people have talked about it but no one appears to be serious. I acquired some tires and rims that were on a Scion tC. They look kinda cool, but they stick out really far. I'm not sure what the offset is but i thought that if i decided to keep the rims, it would look pretty sweet with some fender flares. This all started because the drivers side rear wheel well needs to be rolled.

My question is has anyone tried 1) outback sedan fender flares (which will require front and rear bumpers as well i believe; or 2) corazon fender flares?

http://www.corazon-world.com/page0140.html

http://www.corazon-world.com/page0134.html

If you go to the Corazon website, you can use altavist.com to transalte it from Japanese to English. Also i've included a few pictures. The first picture is what i want it to look like. The second picture is of an outback sedan. The third is my car and the last is an Audi rs6. I hope the owners of these pictures (besides my one) don't mind me using. Thanks!!

1623910515_legacy1.jpg.0771c02ee19d736eb04a54180f105441.jpg

1117327580_legacy2.jpg.0fb84564597b2e740d0a7ed5b4752450.jpg

1676602324_legacy3.JPG.28c0d4a5a538401853098aa30a695e99.JPG

2023617354_audirs6.jpg.50523e4cde8562ab5c9ce35ab864c661.jpg

Ok so these rims are Tenzo Type R's 18x8 with a +25mm offset. In regards to the bearings, i don't believe that they will result in too much stress, the offset isn't tha crazy. I just got the rear fenders rolled yesterday and they still rub a bit. I'm gonna check out a body shop tomorrow that does custom work. I think it'll look pretty cool actually. Now i'll ust need to make sure the rear wheels are wide enough after the fender flares LOL.

you should be able to fit them under the fender with some negative camber

I've fitted 18x9.5 +38 with 225/40s

according to the calculator, your setup Outer position(fender side) RETRACT by 6mm.

what tire size is on your car?

and apparently Mr_Luv had some fender flares on his car too

i don't believe that they will result in too much stress, the offset isn't tha crazy.

I dont believe in a lot of things but belief will not make it so. The offset IS that crazy. It WILL result in lots of $$$ damage to your car. Ask guys like Hangar who have already had issues. GL

I dont believe in a lot of things but belief will not make it so. The offset IS that crazy. It WILL result in lots of $$$ damage to your car. Ask guys like Hangar who have already had issues. GL

Well unfortunately, it looks like u guys were right. I would have actually done research if I'd known the size and offset of these rims. I guess I just figured that since my road racing tires are from my Scion, these would fit. Fortunately, I've only put about 60 mileage on this set up. I'm also glad I can just sell the rims for what I paid. I'm sooooo not willing to spend 500 to 600 dollars per wheel bearing just because I think they look cool.

This sux because I had a meeting this evening with a body shop to discuss fabricating fender flares. Thanks for the advice!

I don't get it. I'm running 18x8 +25 offset, and my wheels don't rub after a good fender roll and fender pull.

Well I rolled the fenders and it went away for the most part except on extreme bumps. Plus.the.tires that came on these rims are the federal 595ss, so they run a hair wider than most tires. What tire size do you have on yoir setup? And after reading the nasioc forums, the seems to be a lot of problems with a +25 offset unless you've swapped hubs and knuckles from an sti with the 5x114.5 bolt pattern.

I am, however still going to run a very aggressive setup with a 17x10 wheel, but Im going to research a bit more. Also, Im still going to do the custom fender flares. Gonna.find an outback sedan front and rear bumper and then have sheet metal formed around whatever rims Im going with.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wanting to resurrect this thread. Wondering if any of you guys have used the VW mk2 fender flares at all? I see some fellas using the s13 flares, and there's been some talk about the WALD International flares, but I think they're outta bidness and they're $$$.

I see some guys using these flares on blobeye wagons, but haven't seen them on the LGT wagons yet, but curious to know!

So the biggest problem is the wheel bearing issue. In order to use the fender flares in a way that won't make the car look crazy, you'll need to use a low offset wheel, like a +25 or better. Once that is done, you've got to worry about killing wheel bearings. So until there's a way to convert to 114.3, I don't see it happening any time soon.

So the biggest problem is the wheel bearing issue. In order to use the fender flares in a way that won't make the car look crazy, you'll need to use a low offset wheel, like a +25 or better. Once that is done, you've got to worry about killing wheel bearings. So until there's a way to convert to 114.3, I don't see it happening any time soon.

You can use hub converters. look in the vendor threads, there's a couple of options.

" In order to use the fender flares in a way that won't make the car look crazy, you'll need to use a low offset wheel" - doesnt make sense. Unless you are looking for a "stanced car" in which case, who cares. If using wheel flares to get a wider tire, you'll just buy the right sized wheel to match the scrub radius and you'll be fine.

Archived