LegacyGT.com

Stupid question regarding door locks...

So anyway, starting tonight the power locks in my sister's 1996 subaru legacy l sedan decided to lock and unlock themselves roughly 6 times very rapidly.

It happened maybe... 15-30 seconds after she started the car. Later, when she turned on the car with me in it, it did it again.

Is it perhaps an issue with the alternator, or something with the mechanics? or perhaps she got a ghost.

Ah, also, the car has never had any alarm or auto start functions in it.

So, here is where I am. Why would the door lock and unlock themselves for seemingly no reason. Without anyone touching them. It used the power locks, where it did all four doors.

Please give me something, so that way she won't think there is a ghost following her. <3

it may be the door switch in the driver door.

on the 96, when you lock the driver door it also locks ALL of the doors. if the driver door is acting weird it will cause all to act weird.

i seem to remember a fix that involved a spring in the door latch mechanism. but i haven't done it so i don't really know.

a search may give you something. if not here then one of the other sites.

• I Donated
One of the door lock switches on the front doors is probably screwed up. Unplug the switches in the door panel and see if the problem goes away

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived