LegacyGT.com

968 Miles, Playtime

I did not think I would enjoy any new car experience as much as my first BMW325, but my new LegGT/Ltd Silver Wagon is every bit as fun and better in some ways. Before I took delivery of car and spent time reading net-posts, I was so sure I needed to upgrade suspension and do this or that. After the first 900+ miles, I am so impressed with car that I am going to go slowly and think twice before doing any mods. I did order and love the sti/short shifter and I did put new 18/7.5 wheels and tires on the car. Gota have great tires for a car like this. Toyo Proxes4, 225s, btw the OEM tires 215 are almost the same width as the Toyos, but they are very different tires. [img]http://premium.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi/Suby-025.jpg[/img] Suby is having no problem hanging with the AMGs, BMWs and Porsche Cayenne’s around the neighborhood. Luv pulling up to the local Starbucks in morning and hearing, “great looking new car, what the hell is it?” Yes I debadge and most people do not know the Suby bluestar ovall logo. A few comments related to posts on this site: 1. I do not notice any turbo lag or stuttering with steady, smooth, aggressive acceleration. I can cause both conditions with smashing or stabbing of throttle, but why would you drive any car that way? 2. The suspension does allow for a bit more body role than my BMW, but the suspension feels more firm than my BMW before sport suspension upgrade. I absolutely do not want to lower this car and would only consider PINK springs if drop was .5 or less and passengers did not notice more road feel. I have been asked at least three times if I lowered the car. It must be the great looking rocker panels. 3. I am 5’9” and weigh about 175 lbs. I love the seats and high seating position. I love the view over hood and great all around visibility. I have no problem with mirrors. I only see out one eye and all this is important to me. 4. Sound System is better than I expected, but lacks depth/differentiation of my Lexus, Benz or BMW. I got the factory subWoof system is actually quite good. 5. I really like the interior design and quality is better than my test drive impressions. I did get the Homelink mirror. Don’t get dash instrument complaints, this car is better than any of our big$ brands for intuitive ergonomics, easy to see and reach and great feel to knobs and buttons. Very precise tactile feedback. Lexus was better than Benz or BMW, but Suby beat them all, IMO and my oldest son’s opinion and he drives a 02/BMW325iX wagon. 6. Car has amazing accelleration from 70 to XXX, you must watch it not to go where people that do not want to go to jail should not go. 7. None of the nose heavy, dip scraping problems of the Audi A6 Quattro. Talk about soft suspension and corner plow. A few comments form yr02, BMW325iX/MT wagon driver: (My 24 yr old son) 1. Shifter throw feels much shorter than BMW3. 2. Loves seating height, just like his car. No fit problem at 6'1' tall. 3. Really liked the dash console and controls. His HK premium sound was better. 4. Even under break-in 4k rpm limit, he could not believe engine was a 4 banger. He is not sure a one eyed man should be driving this car. Could not believe how smooth and effortless engine felt. Much different feel than his little brothers V40 Volvo Turbo that spools up quickly and is fun, but very peaky and tops out fast. 5. Really liked interior and exterior. When I told him I was getting a Subaru, he thought I was having a hippie relapse. After driving and seeing it, he has completely changed his view of Subaru, but not of me. Can’t win them all. A few small items: Really like how easy this car is to parallel park Really like view of hood lines and subtle scoop combined with seating position. You appreciate unique exterior style details more every week. Car feels very sound at high speeds. Roof line with historic Suby blisters that have rails flush mounted are very cool and work so well with lines of integrated spoiler. Enough, you get the picture. I like this car and I have no regrets. Now, the test of time for quality build issues. I am so happy to be back in a car that has road feel, an edge and MT. The engine is a super star. Thanks to all on this site for great advice and comments [list] [/list]

Great write-up, I think I feel the same about basically all points, except I didn't break her in much, it was prettymuch put the hammer down from the start, well I guess I could say it was more of a progressive break-in. I can't recall how many times in the day I think or say outloud "I love this car!" and "That is one hot wagon!"

again great write-up. i love my sedan. i was no nrevous signing the paperwork at the dealer, but now i have no doubt in my mind it was right decision. also my last car was an i4 and i said i would never get an i4 again becuase i just wanted the nice smooth delivery of power in a 6 or 8. well other then its sound at idle i cant tell this is a 4 at all.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Nice write up. I feel the same in most respects. However my experiences previous to owning the LGT are quite different. This is the most expensive car I have ever bought. Also the first performance vehicle as well. I have owned pick-ups and 4-banger hondas, toyotas and hyundais my entire life. When anyone complains about tires, body roll or having more power, I kind of laugh. This car is so much more fun to drive than any other car I have ever experienced that I can't really complain about anything. But I guess that's just me.

Deer Killer, My LegGT came with the sonar curb idicator and back up camera. I am sure you go the same things. Still getting used to the auto pasenger side mirror that tilts down when you back up to show curb. Sonar buzzer, camera and mirror that shows curb, how could this car not be easy to park? Oh, if all else fails, look out the windows when parking. :lol: My wife is looking at a couple cars that have all these gadgets on them and she can park anything in the smallest space. They really do make cars with all this stuff helping you at once. dsutcliffe44 Very good perspective dsutcliffe44. Its not just you. When I look at all the extra "stuff" expense on other cars and how none of it adds to the fun factor and see how comfortable the LegGT is, it is hard to explain why you would want any more. Some people really need the prestiege lablel. There is a phrase for this in German, 10,000 watts, no light bulb.

[quote name='MtnSub']My LegGT came with the sonar curb idicator and back up camera. I am sure you go the same things. Still getting used to the auto pasenger side mirror that tilts down when you back up to show curb.[/QUOTE] :confused::confused::confused: I WISH.. The auto-tilt mirror would be really handy. Need pics..

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='MtnSub']Deer Killer, My LegGT came with the sonar curb idicator and back up camera. I am sure you go the same things. Still getting used to the auto pasenger side mirror that tilts down when you back up to show curb. Sonar buzzer, camera and mirror that shows curb, how could this car not be easy to park? Oh, if all else fails, look out the windows when parking. :lol: [/QUOTE] Could you post pix of this stuff? Is it aftermarket or OEM?

Archived