LegacyGT.com

WiFi/Bluetooth OBD readers and software.

dmanaenk

Investigating cheap options for live data display. It seems like there are a few products that combine wireless OBD reader and some software for smartphones.

Seems much cheaper than a full carpc route (and with video-out off my smartphone I can hook it right to nav screen).

Say, this. A bit pricey, but seems like it could do everything I want (wrote them an email to confirm): display a few parameters and log them to a card.

I'm sure there are cheaper ways, like getting some noname obd/bluetooth dongle on ebay and some freeware.

So any standard issues to be aware of? Like constantly loosing connection or smth more sinister?

Any thoughts?

I'd prefer to find something based on WiFi, but it seems much more expensive for some reason.

I've got the PLX OBD-II reader routed to my Nav screen (from an iTouch).

I can only get reliable performance out of "Rev" - DashCommand seems to drop the connection on a regular basis.

Otherwise, no complaints! Here is a brief write-up of how I have everything wired:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-nav-hack-performance-gauges-movies-and-more-137185.html?t=137185&highlight=movies

I just wanted to use my Nav screen for something, since I never use it for navigation. :)

Certainly you can just buy a mount for a iPhone / iTouch and get the same effect. The screen may be a little hard to read, but should still be usable.

• 4 months later...

Anyone have this? Looks great although the app is only for iPhone. Dispaus seem much more mature than the few other options out ther.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motorsports-3831-OBD-II-Interface/dp/B0037X1QLO/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1BW41JVFJZ0NU&colid=3TWH0CO70N2E2]Amazon.com: Innovate Motorsports 3831 OT-2 OBD-II Wi-Fi Interface: Automotive[/ame]

Archived