LegacyGT.com

She broke our heart in 130 days

AMileHighLGT

I knew the day would come owning one of these cars, but i certainly wasnt expecting it this soon.

Cylinder 4 misfire- Plugs are new, swapped coils, swapped injectors, getting good injector pulse from pcm.

Its a very consistent misfire at idle only. Enough to flag the p0304 code.

I have yet to do a compression and leak down test, I suspect a burned valve. A month back when I replaced the spark plugs, the plugs from 2 and 4 looked shitty. Now I know for sure the fucked fuel trims i have been dealing with are not a leak.

Sitting at my shop now, hopefully sometime by teh end of the week i will have a better idea of what exactly im dealing with.

At this point with 104k on it, I am almost inclined to do an engine, really want the 257 block with crank and rods and some forged cp pistons. eventually would like to do a pump and injector upgrades for corn and a hta68.

Need some opinons from some of you, if you would please.

Ive been searching in through the turbo power train forums since yesterday morning. A quick search at lunch yesterday only yielded a hand full of threads over a 257 block swap.

Still havent read the technical bits on the forged pistons.

Nasioc seems to be filled with 257 threads, i dislike their search engine..

Thanks Box.

Have you engaged the subaru dealer to see if they will do anything for you regarding a new engine? Is it looking like you will need a full long block? Stock short block a few years ago for both halves used to only run about 1800$, not counting the gasket/seals kit.

I have not spoken with the dealer.

I don't suspect they will be of any assistance.

I battled with them for a month over a prenegotiated rear link bushing that they were supposed to replace.

At that time I asked for a leakdown test as well due to 2-3 cold starts that blew some smoke. They fought with me on it, and since they "did not duplicate" the smoke they didn't perform a leak down test.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have not spoken with the dealer.

I don't suspect they will be of any assistance.

I battled with them for a month over a prenegotiated rear link bushing that they were supposed to replace.

At that time I asked for a leakdown test as well due to 2-3 cold starts that blew some smoke. They fought with me on it, and since they "did not duplicate" the smoke they didn't perform a leak down test.

Water over the dam at this point, however, that should have been your clue to walk.

I thought you might have bot doc's car. A well optioned car sold about that time to a local denver person.

Water over the dam at this point, however, that should have been your clue to walk.

I thought you might have bot doc's car. A well optioned car sold about that time to a local denver person.

I understand it doesn't matter now. wouldnt have been able to walk away from it then, because it was already in our possession.

I did my own prepurchase inspection. I regret now not doing a compression test, did pull the dp and checked shaft play. wasn't aware the engines were prone to ringland failures.

Now, if what I've read is correct, there is a certain year ej257 that needs to be used due to avcs, correct?

Archived