LegacyGT.com

brembo swap?

1astrokeit

Ive been in your position.. i think.. for the past couple weeks. I was hooked on getting a big brake kit and all. But i did more researching and posted on the forum about swapping and its a lot more involved for just bling. You would need the appropriate sized wheels/tires as well as the $200 bracket for the rears to convert. Or a full hub swap.

Theres an article posted that big brake kits on a daily driver will not decrease the stopping distance. So if this is for a track car, then by all means go for it. The stoptech calipers are recommended over brembo, i believe.

However, if its daily driver just go the route im going. I will be picking up some Techna SS braided lines, as well as a grimspeed master cylinder brace to help firm up the pedal.

Goodluck!

Ive been in your position.. i think.. for the past couple weeks. I was hooked on getting a big brake kit and all. But i did more researching and posted on the forum about swapping and its a lot more involved for just bling. You would need the appropriate sized wheels/tires as well as the $200 bracket for the rears to convert. Or a full hub swap.

Theres an article posted that big brake kits on a daily driver will not decrease the stopping distance. So if this is for a track car, then by all means go for it. The stoptech calipers are recommended over brembo, i believe.

However, if its daily driver just go the route im going. I will be picking up some Techna SS braided lines, as well as a grimspeed master cylinder brace to help firm up the pedal.

Goodluck!

i was thinking about the booster swap and upgrading pads and rotors.

Do the booster and master cylinder swap first along with new pads, rotors, lines, and a fresh fluid change. You will feel a greater difference that way. I did all that and a front brembo swap on my car last year and I loved it.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Do the booster and master cylinder swap first along with new pads, rotors, lines, and a fresh fluid change. You will feel a greater difference that way. I did all that and a front brembo swap on my car last year and I loved it.

ok ill try that. where at in langhorne are you located? im out there alot and dont see many lgts out there

ok ill try that. where at in langhorne are you located? im out there alot and dont see many lgts out there

Near Neshaminy highschool, Neshaminy mall area. I'm on the edge of Trevose and Festerville.

I hardly drive my lgt in the winter, well really this past year she sits a lot. Trying to keep the miles down, there's a few LGT's around here I don't see many either.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I had Brembos in the front with stock rears, seems to have better temps and more linear braking. If I hadn't gotten the offer for them plus wheels and rotors... I probably would've ended up with just pads rotors lines and fluid. I drove like a mad man in the mtns. Never on the track though. My buddy who has an RS has over heated brembos and ended up with AP racing calipers.

I had Brembos in the front with stock rears, seems to have better temps and more linear braking. If I hadn't gotten the offer for them plus wheels and rotors... I probably would've ended up with just pads rotors lines and fluid. I drove like a mad man in the mtns. Never on the track though. My buddy who has an RS has over heated brembos and ended up with AP racing calipers.

Did you use stock sti rotors or slotted? Also did you do the sti master cylinder swap?

Brembos aren't needed on a street car at all, aside from looks; but whether you run them on the track with or without the sti MC you're still going to get the same increase in heat capacity, giving you increased fade resistance. When I added the MC/BB to my Brembo setup, the only difference was shorter pedal stroke and improved feel, it was an excellent and cheap mod, but not necessary.

OBXT need a brake upgrade. LGT need pad upgrade. The 2.5i brakes are not adequate for oem power of OBXT. I am running OEM lgt calipers and aftermarket rotors/pads on the OBXT. Thats kind of a bbk and was needed. Works like OEM

The point of the master cyl is so that your antilock functions perfectly and properly without wierdness in the pedal or any surprises.

The point of the master cyl is so that your antilock functions perfectly and properly without wierdness in the pedal or any surprises.

I just never noticed any difference there when I had the Brembos before or after the mc swap.

I saw that you've got the stoptechs on the lgt now, that thing sure came out beautifully and I'm sure is a beast on the track. I was oogling at the set of AST's going in the car while I was at Mike's shop a couple weeks ago. How are they working out for you?

The AST are insane. The change to abs has taken some getting used to. Im sure having only a front set and lgt brake mc doesnt help. Everything with time. It WORKS and is very quick.

AST 4100 > KWv2/RCE t1 and thats all I'm admitting :lol:

I am thinkign about working on my slow speed turns at Adams/apex this weekend. Let me know if you want to go.

http://kropsblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/krops-apex-schedule.pdf

AST 4100 > KWv2/RCE t1 and thats all I'm admitting :lol:

I am thinkign about working on my slow speed turns at Adams/apex this weekend. Let me know if you want to go.

How do they compare to your kw's in terms of damping? I know the rates you're running on the AST's are MUCH stiffer, but other than the rates, what are your initial impressions?

I'd love to get some track time in, definitely appreciate the offer! Unfortunately, I've had a hefty dose of life in the last 6 months and am just too busy right now. I still have all the parts from my OB sitting in the garage waiting to go on the 'B with no time to turn. :spin:

You really can't compare to the KW. The AST are able to control the motion of these crazy springs with one ocillation and the KW would blow themselves out. I am running at OEM ride height and loving the suspension travel at speed. Really appreciated under sustained G turns at 100+. KW are tremendous to around 350whp and track use. Im asking coils to do things that less than a half dozen others are asking for in a LGT. Admittedly, the spring rate is too aggressive for DD use if you care about kidneys. Softening the dampening does not soften the spring rate.

Federal RSR+StoptechBBK+AST4100+track alignment+big turbo = scared a friend so bad he thought he was gonna die. Seriously. Like I had to apologize and he is still mad.

Archived