LegacyGT.com

How stupid to 16s look on an 05 Outback?

Skidude

I'm shopping for snow tires and wheels, and a 16" package is hundreds of dollars cheaper than the stock size. I know the pros and cons to the different sizes, but I can't find any pictures of what my generation outback will look like with 16" wheels. Can anybody help me out?

16s won't look stupid if you get a meaty sidewall tire. It's an OB, it can handle that off-roader look for a winter.

Plus- it's a winter set up afterall, so who cares if it looks a little less high preformance than you'd like.

I just put 15" steelies on my Caravan with THICK 70 series snow tires on them. A down grade from 16" OEM. Similar situation.

I agree with you, and I am trying to convince myself, but I am having trouble because in reality, the winter setup is this car's primary setup because I have my miata that I drive all summer. I will probably just get the 16s, and if I hate the look enough, I can sell it all and try again.

Up in Canada, all 2005 Outbacks and 2.5i Legacy models came with 16" wheels from the factory. Maybe do a goolge image search and see what you see.

My in-laws had a 2005 OB and it looked fine. Mind you that was because they were running on real Subaru rims, and not steel wheels or anything like that.

Archived