LegacyGT.com

Wobbling sound, but not wobble

bobo99

Got my rear trailing arm bushings, rear endlinks, rear wheel bearings replaced two weeks ago. I've put 4500km on them since.

In the past few km I got a thumping sound like driving on grooved pavement. Its most pronounced at 80kph but barely audible at 130kph.

After a hard brake, its more pronounced. It sounds like wobbling, but no wobbling in steering wheel or vibration felt in car

Thoughts ?

I've replaced 3/4 in the past 8 months. The last one left is front right, but the nature of the sound makes it impossible to pinpoint where its coming from.

When someone stands outside the sound is not heard. Taking it in in an hour and will report back.

No shops open on Sunday and am on a road trip.

We got the car up off the ground

From the outside it sounds like a metal on metal grinding, a ratchet sound. But from the inside it's a wub wub wub, sort of like bad dub step music.

We got the car up to 100kph, and then the front left wheel stopped turning.

This is an 05 outback with no driving aids.... What causes a wheel to stop getting power when they're all off the ground ? Transmission on its way out ?

It threw a p0500 code while up in the air. Which is a vehicle speed sensor malfunction. The CV axle I replaced 6 months ago and looks in good shape, but it just stopped turning. The sound seems to be coming from the mid part of the car, but very difficult to pinpoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived