LegacyGT.com

Autocross help

liljonson

I've been researching like crazy and I'm lost. I just recently got into autocross more seriously and I did well in esp class

And want to keep doing it this coming year. Car is a 07 lgt manual

Now my question is what suspension set up to go with.

Stick with bilstien (spec b) with swifts

Upgrade to koni with swifts (have original struts)

Buy bilstien HD

Save money for another year and buy kw coilovers like a boss

I do have white line bushings and antilift kit on order

Now I don't want to get bumped out of my class so which route should i take?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• I Donated
There's not much you can do that will get you kicked out if ESP. coilovers will be best for autocross, but the car is a dd as well, so just remember that. I'm in Stx and I could do coilovers but I'm going with koni/epic. I've heard that the rce springs are really good though especially with konis. Definitely do sway bars, and solid endlinks. the bigger the better.

I already have front and rear sways with end links and reinforcement bracket in the rear also. Maintenance isn't a problem for me for coilovers. I do my own alignments at work and I do all my work. If esp allows coilovers then I'll just save up for a decent pair.

• I Donated
I told them I have a downpipe and tune and got bumped into esp.

Is your tune via an accessport? There are Stx/Stu legal maps from Cobb, the thing putting you in ESP is the change in peak boost. If you flash one of those for autocross you can be Stx legal

I've been researching like crazy and I'm lost. I just recently got into autocross more seriously and I did well in esp class

And want to keep doing it this coming year. Car is a 07 lgt manual

Now my question is what suspension set up to go with.

Stick with bilstien (spec b) with swifts

Upgrade to koni with swifts (have original struts)

Buy bilstien HD

Save money for another year and buy kw coilovers like a boss

Unfortunately, none of those suspension options are very good if you plan on being a competitive autoxer. You're going to need something LGT specific.

Racecomp Engineering can set you up with a nice suspension or you can buy whitetiger's AST 4100s he has fs in the classifieds.

Personally I'd just stay off the corn and run STX. It's a lot more inexpensive than ESP, especially if you care about having a good pax finish.

I'll stay off the corn for now :p

I'll upgrade my torn bushings with the whitelines I have and nothing more. I wish I can get those coilovers right now but I'm pretty sure they will be sold be the end of next year and I'm not going cheap with BC crap or anything like that.

So final question. Seems like I will have to make a decision on what struts sooner or later. Both are in the same price range and I have hardware for both of them

Bilstien or koni?

Unfortunately, none of those suspension options are very good if you plan on being a competitive autoxer. You're going to need something LGT specific.

Racecomp Engineering can set you up with a nice suspension or you can buy whitetiger's AST 4100s he has fs in the classifieds.

Personally I'd just stay off the corn and run STX. It's a lot more inexpensive than ESP, especially if you care about having a good pax finish.

Just out of curiosity, why is it better to run Legacy-specific coilovers than something like KW? The Racecomp Tarmac I's are similar in price to KW Version 2's (a couple hundred bucks more), and KW makes a very fine product.

My instinct would be to gravitate towards the most popularly-loved solution, for better or for worse.

Just out of curiosity, why is it better to run Legacy-specific coilovers than something like KW? The Racecomp Tarmac I's are similar in price to KW Version 2's (a couple hundred bucks more), and KW makes a very fine product.

My instinct would be to gravitate towards the most popularly-loved solution, for better or for worse.

If you want the best performing setup, you should have a suspension that is valved specifically for your car. Off the shelf KWs are not that. The RCE T1s are revalved KWs and are a much better choice than standard KWs, especially when coupled with the right spring rates for autox.

Popularity doesn't necessarily indicate a superior product (like BCs), there just aren't many off the shelf options for the LGT. You could have a set of Motons (or Penske, MCS, JRZ, etc) put together for your LGT, but be prepared to pay upwards of $5k.

If you want the best performing setup, you should have a suspension that is valved specifically for your car. Off the shelf KWs are not that. The RCE T1s are revalved KWs and are a much better choice than standard KWs, especially when coupled with the right spring rates for autox.

Popularity doesn't necessarily indicate a superior product (like BCs), there just aren't many off the shelf options for the LGT. You could have a set of Motons (or Penske, MCS, JRZ, etc) put together for your LGT, but be prepared to pay upwards of $5k.

Well yeah, BC's are the bargain brand coilovers hahaha. I meant KW was popular and proven to be very good.

Did not know that the RCE's were re-engineered KW's; that actually makes them sound a lot more appealing.

Archived