LegacyGT.com

Light Wheels

sulk

Okay, so it's gotten to the point where I'm actually gonna buy new wheels in the next month or so, and while I'd want to stay light, can anyone post some light wheels?

I'm still on the stock 16s, so I'm afraid to jump up to heavy 18" rota tarmacs (as much as I want them)

I know theres the wheel weight excel, but to go through it looking for correct offset and bolt pattern is a bit daunting.

If 17" enkei ES-Tarmacs were still around I'd jump on them in an instant. Kinda thinking about getting them in 16x8 with 225/50/16, but I think I'd just run into even more issues with my ride height (I'm already scraping in places with eibachs and stock sized tires)

Ideally I'd get new, because it's somewhat hard to find wheels in canada/shipped from US.

All that I know so far are:

RPF1 (which I dont like too much)

STI BBS (hard to find up here in canada)

If anything if this list grows it can help other 2.5is trying to find light wheel options.

Welcome to the forum.

I will put your thread in the right place so it will be easier to find.

Also- did you search the forum for the term 'light wheels'? There is lots of info here already for the taking.

Also, tirerack dot com has lots of options for your car and also has a wheel finder and posts weights of every wheel.

You can use that to determine what brands out there are considered light weight and then just narrow down your choices to styles you like.

Good start on Enkei brand. They are legit wheels and their Racing line are generally pretty light without being forged.

Welcome to the forum.

I will put your thread in the right place so it will be easier to find.

Also- did you search the forum for the term 'light wheels'? There is lots of info here already for the taking.

I guess I should add I'm somewhat on a budget, so bigger brands are out of the question for me. (volk, rays, etc) but if people post them I'll update the thread.

I posted in the 2.5i section hoping to get some insight from the NA community, because we're a little bit different from the rest of the forums ;p

IMO they have much better quality than rotas

I had both many years ago. FNs have back padding actually designed for my 4 lug application where as Rotas just redrilled the 5 lug wheels to 4 lug.

FNs were packaged nicely with padding all around the box.

Rotas had a cover on the wheel, just put in the plain box without any padding. And as expected, one of the wheel was curbed

so yeah, your choice

I've been through 8 FN's on one car in the past. They're soft. 215-40 tires with 91 sidewalls and they would dent on even a small pothole.

I'm sure in Socal they're fine, but that 17lb weight comes at a price. Anyone that lives in a place with roads that are less than perfect better stay away, IMO.

Archived