LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light on, Blinking Brake & Cruise Control Light & VDC Light On ???

Anyone have aclue what this means? Happened suddenly just now. Car is running a little rough, brakes works. i've never seen anything like this before. Checked and refastened the gas cap, No help. Started and restarted , no hlep. Much appreciate the advice. Have appointment with dealer in the morning for TSB of slight movement in driver's seat, Now this.

If a CEL is thrown then all 4 of those lights will illuminate. If its for a loose gas cap then tightening the cap and restarting the car will not be sufficient as you'll need to drive it for a distance before it'll clear on its own. To find out if its the gas cap sooner then you can clear the CEL yourself by disconnecting the battery, press and hold the brake pedal for 30 seconds or so to discharge, then reconnect battery and start the car. If the CEL comes back on then you'll have to get the actual code (AutoZone, pepboys, etc) before anyone here can help more, otherwise you'll have fixed it yourself.

Anyone have aclue what this means? Happened suddenly just now. Car is running a little rough, brakes works. i've never seen anything like this before. Checked and refastened the gas cap, No help. Started and restarted , no hlep. Much appreciate the advice. Have appointment with dealer in the morning for TSB of slight movement in driver's seat, Now this.
I had sth silimar a while back. Dealer found some broken sensors in the steering wheel, replaced under warranty, fixed. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162969

Don't let the brake, trac and vsc lights bother you. Many oems use this tactic to push you into repairing the car. They found that many people will look past a CEL if the car is running well but its hard to look past a christmas tree on the dash. Drive it in and have them check it over. I work as a master tech for a toyota dealer and 3/4 of our vehicles have this computer logic built in. When the tech goes to pull any code other than the CEL it will give a generic code to check powertrain ecu. If it fires up and drives fairly normal don't worry and take it in. All manfacturers have built in fail safes for their ecus. If the car won't accelerate above 10 miles and hour then you have a big problem and the vehicle has went in to maximum fail safe. If the CEL starts flashing then get to the dealer asap as the codes in the ecu can cause fatal damage to components. Hope this helps. And don't worry if it runs relatively normal just take it in. Probably just a bad sensor. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY! Doing this basically ties the technicians hands. All codes and freeze frame data will be lost and will leave the tech with no way to repair your car.

What is the TSB on the driver's seat? Mine occasionally feels like it shifts slightly when going around corners.

I've got the same wiggle and it seems to me to be a repeat of the seat issues in the first-gen bug-eye WRXs.

These days it seems to me that having your own code reader is one of the essential tools. That way you can read the codes yourself and figure out if it's a loose gas cap or something more complicated.
453747.png

the ap reads the codes. :)

search for christmas tree lights. Will go.into specifics to reset the display. Insert key, rotate to ON (dont start car), wait ten seconds, rotate to OFF. Repeat three times.

this more than likely clears the cel from the ecu. Your call to clear or see if it clears after driving a bit.

did you change the air filter lately and was it crapped up? Do you have an oiled filter? If the maf has gotten dirty, perhaps it threw a cel. Check gas cap. Good luck.

I wouldn't recommend disconnecting the battery to reset until you actually get it scanned, like has been said a few other times in this thread.

The only bad part about all those lights is that the cruise control won't work until you get it all cleared out.

Mine had crank sensor broken and crank tooth as well. Mine would also looses power and jerk, stalled twice. Warranty covered it on my 09. I wouldn't buy a car from all American Subaru, saw things and had experiences with sales managers, but their service department is very good. Edited by nightspeed98

Status update:

Other members were right, all those lights come on to "catch Your Attention" according to the Dealer. Code p0026 came up. VVL Right Oil Control valve & solenoid, found to be malfunctioning and sticking. Replaced the valve - condition cured.

THX for the responses. Interesting that all those lights illuminate and not just the CEL. I DID get our attention. Grand Prix Subaru in Hicksville Long Island, service my car (i did Not buy it from them). They are terrific. They also confirmed & found the slight wobble (movement) in the Driver's seat ( I couldn't recall the TSB # which I saw somewhere on this forum), ordered a new seat frame, to be installed next week. Free Oil & Filter Change (offered on every other service call), and they resecured the Gauge Cluster cover loose (i mentioned that there was noise coming from there over rough roads)......All under Warranty - no charge, no Hassle.

Just as a Further follow up: About the Gauge Cluster / Dashboard "squeak"..actually a little more than squeak... About a week before I brought my Legacy to another dealer closer to home on a saturday morning after discovering that a driver's side headlight went out the night before. That dealer was good enough to do the work that morning under warranty!!

I suspect that either they created the squeak when doing the work or it was a Leftover from the Stereo guy who installed new speakers for me a few months ago..... Anyway, my Regular Dealer who has serviced the car since i bought it BUT is NT the dealer that sold the car (Grand Prix Subaru in Hicksville, NY), have been absolutely terrific. Couldn't Plug Them more. Discount savings on Parts (Bennie, the Parts Manager has moved on though), and Installations of accessories.

• 9 months later...

I had the same symptoms yesterday all day, and then last night. Took the car to the dealership this morning (of course the lights were off all of a sudden) and they pulled the code p2763 "Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit High".

The tranny felt fine, but I am a little weary with this being the first year of the CVT. I mentioned that to the service manager off the bat and she exclaimed how they haven't had any issues with the CVTs, and then the error code came up.

Luckily I have a warranty on this thing, Im at 71K and I have the 100K warranty.

They cleaned the sensors on the control module on the tranny and haven't done anything else. Calling back if the solid check engine comes back on.

Bottom line is after this rant, any other 2.5i owners ever experience this or have any serious issues with your transmissions?

• 3 months later...

I had this happen on my 2011 Legacy 2.5 Premium when it had only about 10k mi.

The dealer said it was a computer bios flaw and flashed the computer with a fix.

Well it just happened again at 22k mi . Check engine light, brake light, and flashing cruise and another dash light etc . I'm gonna bring it in for a service this week anyway and ask why it's still happening. Between this and the clunking front brake caliper pins I'm starting to lose faith with this new Subaru

• 2 years later...
the ap reads the codes. :)

search for christmas tree lights. Will go.into specifics to reset the display. Insert key, rotate to ON (dont start car), wait ten seconds, rotate to OFF. Repeat three times.

this more than likely clears the cel from the ecu. Your call to clear or see if it clears after driving a bit.

did you change the air filter lately and was it crapped up? Do you have an oiled filter? If the maf has gotten dirty, perhaps it threw a cel. Check gas cap. Good luck.

minuccims -

we got the christmas tree lights on the dash last night. The lights I saw when we were driving were:

1) Solid CEL

2) Solid Dynamic Control system

3) Flashing Brake

4) Flashing Cruise

5) Flashing AT Oil Temp.

that last one had me really worried so we pulled over for a bit and turned off the engine. eventually the AT Oil Temp light stopped flashing and we drove home another 40 miles without a problem. the car did not run rough at all. went to autozone this morning and ended up with code P0700 and P2763.

after searching for a bit i've found two things that happened recently that may have caused this that may indicate there isn't a catastrophic problem with the transmission:

1) filled up gas tank earlier in the day - may have not tightened gas cap - this seems to trip this code for some reason

2) I recently cleaned and oiled an air filter. why did you think this may have something to do with it?

autozone cleared the codes so we'll see if they come back. any additional details about the oiled air filter are appreciated.

thanks!