LegacyGT.com

Official Steel Silver Metallic Thread (2010)

Tide

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the first one in and hope to get some more creative shots when it gets warmer. I hope my 2011 qualifies!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/IMG_1050.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/IMG_1058.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/IMG_1043.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/P1060597.jpg

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Here's Mine...

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/pvirga88/2010%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/155572_10150104109876420_518286419_8041784_1931841_n.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/pvirga88/2010%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/2010-12-14_07-27-20_803.jpg

thanks! the front lip i got on ebay for $30 lol and comes with double sided 3m tape. the wheels are rota gravels in hypersilver with STI overlays. the gravels are the JDM STI knock offs.

I looked at this one on ebay a while ago. I like the idea that it is easy to shape being rubber and not break if you drive up to those concrete parking stops. I was undecided on it due to how it terminated at the ends. Can you post a pict of that?

I looked at this one on ebay a while ago. I like the idea that it is easy to shape being rubber and not break if you drive up to those concrete parking stops. I was undecided on it due to how it terminated at the ends. Can you post a pict of that?

yeah i'll get some pics tomorrow. i'm still not sure how i want it to taper off b/c its flexible and you can do some different things/looks. I might make some adjustments on it still..

here are some close-ups of where the lip starts. still unsure if i'm going to keep it this way but it's good for now. the lip is more foam than rubber. very light weight but it works and like you said i don't have to worry about cracking it...

DSCN0790.thumb.jpg.91d2064d800d144d23882b70eeb15c3a.jpg

DSCN0791.thumb.jpg.edacd598f34b94cdf14b48040ecf9f80.jpg

DSCN0792.thumb.jpg.ff50da799381648d3e2eb0dafb785e7e.jpg

here are some close-ups of where the lip starts. still unsure if i'm going to keep it this way but it's good for now. the lip is more foam than rubber. very light weight but it works and like you said i don't have to worry about cracking it...

Love that Front Lip.. Awesome Job... It makes the Ugly OEM Mud Guards Flow Better with the Car too... I am thinking of taking my Mud Guards off in the spring and color matching them... ANy Whoo I am waiting for a CF Lip to come out... I always Loved the CF Look on a Silver Car... ANd is that a Megan Exhaust I see? How has it performed for you thus Far?

Love that Front Lip.. Awesome Job... It makes the Ugly OEM Mud Guards Flow Better with the Car too... I am thinking of taking my Mud Guards off in the spring and color matching them... ANy Whoo I am waiting for a CF Lip to come out... I always Loved the CF Look on a Silver Car... ANd is that a Megan Exhaust I see? How has it performed for you thus Far?

thanks, for a cheap mod it adds a nice touch. I would love a cf lip once one is available. it is the megan exhaust for the 08 wrx sedan. it adds a nice deep sound but not over the top. also makes the rear look a little more agressive...

thanks, for a cheap mod it adds a nice touch. I would love a cf lip once one is available. it is the megan exhaust for the 08 wrx sedan. it adds a nice deep sound but not over the top. also makes the rear look a little more agressive...

Thanks for posting the side view. That finishes pretty well. Is the material consistant thru it or hollow? It acutally blends in the black on the fog covers as well as the mud flaps.

Thanks for posting the side view. That finishes pretty well. Is the material consistant thru it or hollow? It acutally blends in the black on the fog covers as well as the mud flaps.

no prob, glad i could give you more insight. the material is consistant thru but it's a foam/rubber material and very light weight. what's good about it, is that i don't see any problems with it sticking b/c of the weight plus the tape is pretty strong :)

St.GLegacy, your front emblem blacked out with just the stars is awesome! How did you attach it? It doesn't look like it has a bezel holding it...

It's the original emblem off the front grill,I just separated it from the chrome

v part of the old grill.

The back of the emblem is recessed so I filled it with some JB Weld to smooth out the surface to make if flush.

Bondo would've been better but didn't have any in the shop.

It's held in place with a rubberized two sided tape,very similar to what holds the lettering on the rear deck lid.

I just couldn't justify paying $65 for the rear deck lid emblem made of plastic!

Also the service manager @ the local Subie dealer wants me to black out the headlite bezel,I just think he's trying to sell me some new bezels in case I screw these up!

Edited by St.GLegacy

gotcha, bad roads and lowered cars don't mix. RCE should have springs out any day now, they only drop the car 3/4 of an inch and apparently really improve handling.

Been watching that thread,might have to pull the trigger on some coil overs,

cause the stock struts are pretty weak!