LegacyGT.com

Does anyone know what this is?

mmarton

huh thats a weird one. I know thats not for the subwoofer and it's not for the heated seats. Maybe for Cigarette lighter but that plug does not look like it belongs in the cabin. Maybe someones aftermarket plug for something?

Wow! I didn't think this would stump the cognoscenti of this forum. Whatever it is, it's located on the floor between the plastic panel around the shifter and the center console.

No, the lighter attaches to a harness on the shifter panel. The console itself plugs into a different harness well behind this plug.

I bought the car new in 2005 and haven't added any aftermarket items aside from the recently installed iSimple unit on the radio and the various hacks for opening all four doors on one click and having the front and rear interior lights come on together.

I'm really curious about this plug. Maybe it's for something really cool that I can add to the car.

Sometimes I add harnesses like that before I trade a car in. They don't actually go anywhere. Generally, I just loop it around in the dash, left-to-right then right-to-left, behind the glovebox & around the vent ducts, then down along one of the door sills under the carpet and under the rear seat. At the other end, I fasten a Ziploc baggie with a note that says, "Hello."

It's not a 2005 Legacy iL Wagon with an automatic tranny... is it?

Tits mcgee

The G sensor for the ABS system is a three wire connector. Pull up the shifter trim (the bit wrapped in CF tape) and see if it's connected. The sensor is right where your hand is in that photo.

Interesting. I'll have a look but I can't imagine how this would have become disconnected, unless it's a manufacturing flub.

The G sensor for the ABS system is a three wire connector. Pull up the shifter trim (the bit wrapped in CF tape) and see if it's connected. The sensor is right where your hand is in that photo.

IIRC the g sensor is only if the car has VDC.

Archived