LegacyGT.com

Mobil 1 vs. PP vs. Amsoil 5w30

Mobil 1, PP, or Amsoil 5w30???  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Mobil 1, PP, or Amsoil 5w30???

Well guys I am about ready to pull my hair out, but very soon it is time for my first oil change. I bought the car used with about 27,000. I am approaching 30,000 and am trying to decide which Synthetic oil to run. I've read good/bad reviews to really have me torn three ways on this decision.

So here is a poll question. All responses very much appreciated. Thanks.

No poll :lol:

Just pick one; you will never find any objective information proving that either one is any better than the other.

Personally, I would use regular oil, but I'm not that bright...

So what are you running in your GT?

I've used Mobil 1 5w-30, German Castrol 0w-30, and am now using PP 5w-30. The only difference I noticed between them is the rate that they burn off .. GC burned off the quickest (added a quart and a half over 4.5k), followed by M1 (added a quart over 5k). So far I don't think I've lost ANY of the PP.. I'm only about 2000 miles into the interval though.

P.P. here you simply cannot beat it for the price it sell's for @ Wallyworld......18.00 for 5qts

You can spend alot more money & get a oil that is not much better

Been running it for the last 5 changes

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

there i voted in your poll, happy now. :lol: btw i use Mobile 1 b/c the General tells me to plus i have to much money. :) bosco

General = General Motors

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I believe that Amsoil is more expensive then both. I just did a oil change this weekend and it was 7.99 a quart.

Man if you paid $7.99 per quart somebody ripped you off, i can get it to you for alot less than that. i guarantee that, that is priced above retail. i hope that the amsoil EAO-12 oil filter was included for that price.:eek: let me know next time if i can help you out.

Man if you paid $7.99 per quart somebody ripped you off, i can get it to you for alot less than that. i guarantee that, that is priced above retail. i hope that the amsoil EAO-12 oil filter was included for that price.:eek: let me know next time if i can help you out.

even with shipping to 60538? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I may be a little late on this....

According to The Subaru Manual and Mobil 1's website, the Fully synthetic 5W30 (recommended weight) meets the standards in the Subaru Legacy manual.

Quoting my 2008 Legacy manual. p.353 11-12

Oil grade:

ILSAC GF-4, which can be identified with

the ILSAC certification mark (Starburst

mark)

or API classification SM with the words

ENERGY CONSERVING

According to Mobil's website, their Mobil 1 Fully synthetic oil is compliant of the GF-4 Standard.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_5W-30.asp

Pennzoil Plat also meets the standards.

http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/DomesticMarketing/EngineOils/Pdf/PlatinumFullSyntheticMotorOil.pdf

Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone hesitant on using M1

I may be a little late on this....

According to The Subaru Manual and Mobil 1's website, the Fully synthetic 5W30 (recommended weight) meets the standards in the Subaru Legacy manual.

Quoting my 2008 Legacy manual. p.353 11-12

According to Mobil's website, their Mobil 1 Fully synthetic oil is compliant of the GF-4 Standard.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_5W-30.asp

Pennzoil Plat also meets the standards.

http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/DomesticMarketing/EngineOils/Pdf/PlatinumFullSyntheticMotorOil.pdf

Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone hesitant on using M1

It would appear to me after much reading on the forum that the manual doesn't mean jack$#!& when it comes to the right motor oil. I mean that in the nicest way.

But I would appreciate your vote in my poll :lol:

Archived