LegacyGT.com

Is it me or are our cars prone to parking lot dorr scuffs and dings?

I am completely anally retentive about parking lot dings, I am the guy who parks on the far end of the lot, but I have to say that my wife may not be quite as crazy but she is learning. With that said I really do think the doors on Subaru's are SOFT, it seems if you look at them wrong you can get a ding.

Cheers,

Jim

I know the pain...here's what I discovered at the gas station day after I went shopping...BTW - I owned the car for 3 weeks then :mad:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x236/skurwiel666/CIMG0799-Copy.jpg

And the fix...luckily found a donor with the same paint on ebay :redface:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x236/skurwiel666/CIMG0800.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x236/skurwiel666/CIMG0801.jpg

^wish I could find 4 donor doors.... all have dings on them. Including one I gave myself when my laptop work bag slipped off my shoulder when trying to open the door and the little clip thing that attaches the strap to the bag hit the door and scratched and dinged it. So if a 5-10 lb bag hitting the door can cause a dent that has to be proof that our doors are WEAK

Thin metal, for sure.

You guys really need to research in to paintless dent removal guys in your areas, and invest the money.

I usually go see my guy every few years with a collection of dents to take out. a few hundred later and the car looks brand new again.

I know it sucks to pay our hard earned cash for something caused by some dumb ass person in a parking lot, but it sure makes the car look great again.

haha great thread!! Ive had my subi for almost 6months now and i love her the same today as i did when i first bought her. Im hella anal about parking lots, i fold my mirrors in, and I park far away from shitty cars and neighbors i know who cant park. Even if that means i have to walk a lil bit. I parked in a lot attended lot at NIH in Bethesda MD, they said i had to leave the keys in the car. I reluctantly did but i told them i would be less than an hr and dont tough my car. Come back 45min later and theres a huge dent in my drivers door and i couldnt use the door handle. I went into knock someone the FuX out mode and the lot attendant quickly gave the dudes info. all in all he paid for the damage and i got my car back within a week. so now Im even more cautious. sorry for the long story but i love my subi.

I go shopping online for food or the house and the car. At least I won't have a door ding as the car is inside my garage. lol

I also go shopping online, and still get door dings. :spin:

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived