LegacyGT.com

intake manifold and throttle body

so ive been talking with one of my friends who owns a 04 wrx, and hes been talking alot about intakes and whatnot and he shows me this link and goes here, this will help your engine a ton, im a lil suspicious of his eagerness to spend 400 bucks on this "magical device", any input from from anyone who knows more about this? it seems like if it was worth while more people would have done it already?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-WRX-STI-EJ20-EJ25-GDB-GDA-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-70MM-THROTTLE-BODY-SET-/271027923152?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1a85e8d0&vxp=mtr#ht_2214wt_1037

theres a bunch of people that thought i should have added a 70mm TB to my civic, but really if youre going to increase the input, you should increase the output. and running a stock motor, i dont know what that will do to your tune, adding more volume to the input. i know on a harley it does bad things, and makes you have to either retune or restrict the air intake. i dont think id spend the money unless i was beefing up the whole system.

edit: did any of that make sense? i can rarely tell...

a retune would be a must, when you putting that much more air into the engine it needs to get out of it too, so exhaust and everything would be needed as well. I guess my question was more along the lines would it be worth it to spend the 400, or just port and polish the intake and tb i got now? would there be any substantial power increase from doing this the right way?

• 2 months later...
It could work for a little increase in TB diameter, the ecu would compensate to a certain amount. You gotta keep in mind that while increasing the TB diameter, you gotta think that if your inlet tubing is smaller than the diameter you chose, well you wont have more flow than the smaller piece of tube in the system. And its not an obligation to get larger outlet, but it sure will help.

Archived