LegacyGT.com

2.5i owners, Whiteline FSB is a must!

a1rocketpilot

So last night, with the aid of a friend, I installed the Whiteline 22mm FSB (BSF35 is the part number). It took a bit longer than expected, because it was a bit difficult to get the original FSB out of there. Turns out we had to undo the headers from the block so that the FSB would have enough room to twist and turn to wriggle it out. Once we figured we needed to drop the headers, the rest of the install went by pretty fast. I'd say it's a half hour job, if you know what to do. I kept the stock endlinks for the time being and the stock bushings also work just fine, as I didn't have any poly ones on hand.

Initial impressions are very positive. As I am running this car in Stock class autocross, no RSB upgrades are permitted. The car is much flatter through corners and transitions noticeably better. The bar is only 2mm bigger than stock, but the stock bar appears to be hollow, which could explain the difference. I haven't pushed it far enough for any additional understeer to become apparent, but I'd wager that the improvement in responsiveness in transitions outweighs any additional understeer. For those of you who are just thinking of doing a RSB install, I advise you to highly consider doing a FSB as well. There is no reason not to, as the car is already more fun to drive.

Archived