LegacyGT.com

Zero1's JDM Legacy S402 clone USDM 2008 spec.B

Zero1

I'd love to do a photoshoot sometime... Too bad we are so far apart lol. I love the work you have done on yours... Amazing build!

Thanks man! Yours too! I'm gonna try and make it out to Subiefest this year. Long drive but should be worth it :)

So I found an amazing deal on my dream exhaust setup (thanks TSi-WRX!!) and swapped it on this weekend :)

Turned out sexy, beautiful, and fit like a dream! Next gonna find a great welder to cut up my DP and TIG stick weld a true 3" pipe and flange for me :)

You can also see how much of my bumper melted onto the Cobb tips by comparing the material I cut off. It all cleaned off nice and fit/found an EXCELLENT new lady (an OBSTi ;) )

You just can't make this stuff up!

IMG_0784.thumb.jpg.6c4b5fa8b75ee71f5bb3e1e8d0b8f425.jpg

IMG_0785.thumb.jpg.a643db03fecc0d6ec980e31ca3742533.jpg

IMG_0786.thumb.jpg.94b0569ec9e4adf80f9843698e8dcb5a.jpg

IMG_0791.thumb.jpg.9136207d905e6a8efee77de424a0aa83.jpg

IMG_0796.thumb.jpg.8062d55d46f256b53ce8d1608e0cf2a8.jpg

IMG_0806.thumb.jpg.5291357215762a17b55be7cd8c995007.jpg

IMG_0807.thumb.jpg.05d8d0ae279b0b2f489b3cca12575755.jpg

Edited by Zero1

So I found an amazing deal on my dream exhaust setup (thanks TSi-WRX!!) and swapped it on this weekend :)

Turned out sexy, beautiful, and fit like a dream! Next gonna find a great welder to cut up my DP and TIG stick weld a true 3" pipe and flange for me :)

:wub: I'm soooooooooooo jealous right now!

I saw you snagged that setup! Brand new even... if I were local I'd have had a bidding war with you :lol: I still think I'm going nameless performance for my CBE. The dual tips look proper with that JDM bumper!

We definitely would have lol. I still need a JDM rear bumper but yea, the quad-tips bring it all together for sure!!!

From what I've been able to find the only rear bumper that would even semi-work with the quad-tips would be an S402 rear bumper (and I would definitely need to hack it up just like I did my USDM because of how big the tips are lol). Someday... I will have my rear fog light haha!!!

It must be the angle of that last shot you took - but it looked JDM since it didn't seem to protrude out as far from the trunk in that pic. Mine seems to extend a mile from the trunk compared to JDM :lol: I have been talking to Lu @ HKC about sourcing a JDM rear bumper for mine :D

Oh man, that looks GREAT!!!!

LOL @ needing to wash your car. Dude, our cars live the entire winter in that particular shade of gray-white. :lol:

Hell, seeing it on your car actually makes me glad I never put it on mine. To see it brand-new on a great looking LGT - "new old stock" is just awesome. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

We definitely would have lol. I still need a JDM rear bumper but yea, the quad-tips bring it all together for sure!!!

From what I've been able to find the only rear bumper that would even semi-work with the quad-tips would be an S402 rear bumper (and I would definitely need to hack it up just like I did my USDM because of how big the tips are lol). Someday... I will have my rear fog light haha!!!

actually you likely wouldnt. the stromung tips' design keeps the the outside of the tips from getting very hot. mine rest against my bumper and If not had any sign of melting after a year+ on a fully built fireball shooting setup.

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

actually you likely wouldnt. the stromung tips' design keeps the the outside of the tips from getting very hot. mine rest against my bumper and If not had any sign of melting after a year+ on a fully built fireball shooting setup.

I'd still rather trim some plastic any day of the week than have any exhaust rest against a bumper... Especially after having the Cobb exhaust :rolleyes:

Its having a cat in the exhaust causes the tips to burn the bumper. My Cobb exhaust with catless dp never burned my bumper. Two weeks after putting a catted one on bumper was toast.

Its having a cat in the exhaust causes the tips to burn the bumper. My Cobb exhaust with catless dp never burned my bumper. Two weeks after putting a catted one on bumper was toast.

Interesting...

Everything but the hood and hood latch LOL!

Guess it's time for you to find an SWP (SUPER RARE) 09 spec B then man ;)

Good to know! If only they had kept it as simple as the earlier model years...

I'll part out the bumper, grille, etc. soon, as I'm probably going to end up in another Audi once the lease on the S4 is up. ;)

-Mike-

I have his "old" Cobb exhaust with a cat no burning going on for me so far after 1000 miles.

I think the later legacy bumper cutouts being smaller is the problem, my 05 is fine so far.

Yes Ben 1k since last weekend!

Im in for your legacy picture day...

Good to know! If only they had kept it as simple as the earlier model years...

I'll part out the bumper, grille, etc. soon, as I'm probably going to end up in another Audi once the lease on the S4 is up. ;)

-Mike-

The only thing different about front end swaps from the early 4th gens and the late 4th gens are the fenders. I don't believe that you would have needed to replace them on the early 4th gens but the bumper, headlamps, and grille all needed swapped.

I have his "old" Cobb exhaust with a cat no burning going on for me so far after 1000 miles.

I think the later legacy bumper cutouts being smaller is the problem, my 05 is fine so far.

Yes Ben 1k since last weekend!

Im in for your legacy picture day...

Holy crap those are some miles LOL!!!

Definitely want to do a photo shoot with you man! Not often you find another clean Leggy ;)

Hell yea! Nice man! I was able to use the USDM fender liners and got the JDM under tray. I originally had the HID headlamp housings with the washer sprayers but didn't feel like dropping the extra cash getting all the pumps, wires, levelers, and control units for all of it. If I ever get back into a financial position of dropping the dough again I would consider getting them or sending mine out to have the projectors retro'd for USDM lighting with my HID kit.

Why is that the fenders be recommended to change? Also, do you happen to have the full part no's for the parts? I have been having a hard time locating the Subaru part numbers. Japan parts only provides the first 5 numbers.

I posted this, question here - http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4348935&postcount=29

I ended getting the 07 EDM Spec.B STi grill (91121AG290) from Germany (I have 2 actually), and if I can only get the front bumper, then I won't have to cut up my stock front bumper to get the grill to fit.

For our 08-09 Legacies, the JDM/EDM D-F fenders are completely different than our stockers. This is because our fenders are narrower and the shape of the headlight is different (very hard to tell with the naked eye). If you need fenders, let me know, I have a connection overseas that can get new ones for you for a fraction of the cost of JDM ones. I also have a spare set of used ones i'm on the fence about selling.

Also, fyi... part numbers are market specific for most items. EDM# and JDM# will be different.

Why is that the fenders be recommended to change? Also, do you happen to have the full part no's for the parts? I have been having a hard time locating the Subaru part numbers. Japan parts only provides the first 5 numbers.

I posted this, question here - http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4348935&postcount=29

I ended getting the 07 EDM Spec.B STi grill (91121AG290) from Germany (I have 2 actually), and if I can only get the front bumper, then I won't have to cut up my stock front bumper to get the grill to fit.

For our 08-09 Legacies, the JDM/EDM D-F fenders are completely different than our stockers. This is because our fenders are narrower and the shape of the headlight is different (very hard to tell with the naked eye). If you need fenders, let me know, I have a connection overseas that can get new ones for you for a fraction of the cost of JDM ones. I also have a spare set of used ones i'm on the fence about selling.

Also, fyi... part numbers are market specific for most items. EDM# and JDM# will be different.

Wow, so then it might not be so bad to do more cutting on the stock bumper just to get the grill to fit, since nearly everything including the headlights need to be changed just for the bumper.

Wow, so then it might not be so bad to do more cutting on the stock bumper just to get the grill to fit, since nearly everything including the headlights need to be changed just for the bumper.

It actually shouldn't take much cutting for the JDM/EDM honeycomb grille to fit your 08/09 USDM bumper cover. You'll just need to drill two new holes, one on each wing. The rest of the grille should sit in the opening ok... i've never personally done it but the grille I have was modified in such a way to fit a USDM bumper.

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...