LegacyGT.com

GT side mirror on 2.5i **SOON**

i think its the fact that the GT mirrors have led blinkers in them.

I figured that was what it was, but I wasn't sure.

It always amazes me the mindset of some people who purchase cars.....instead of paying maybe $2-3K more for a GT, they'll spend $5K in mods trying to get close to a GT's performance level or creature comforts. Not saying this is what the OP is doing, but I've seen it happen numerous times with different cars (RX7's, DSM's, 240sx's, etc).

Anyway, I was just curious. Good luck with the mirror swap. Let us know how it goes. :)

i think its the fact that the GT mirrors have led blinkers in them.

thats right, i got the USDM one from a guy in the forum, everything is included except the GT door cord , and basically my 2.5i dont have that led blinkers :) 2.5i has everything not the LED just to confirm :)

so i have to replace them on my car and even JDM non-turbo model come with standard with the LED blinker side mirror :) USDM sux :(

where did you find the mirrors at? ive tried looking but been unsuccessful in my quest.

i got them from a guy on this fourm,it was used and i repainted them, search around on this forum, u might find something new everyday :)

or you could buy them brand new at subarupartsforyou.com, it cost 199.99 each side plus you might need to get the door cord, 2.5i is not prewire for the GT side mirror, or you can do it the hard way, hook up the front headlight signal wire to the GT mirror, but i rather pay to get the door cord instead , make ur life so much easier :)

It always amazes me the mindset of some people who purchase cars.....instead of paying maybe $2-3K more for a GT, they'll spend $5K in mods trying to get close to a GT's performance level or creature comforts. Not saying this is what the OP is doing, but I've seen it happen numerous times with different cars (RX7's, DSM's, 240sx's, etc).

Anyway, I was just curious. Good luck with the mirror swap. Let us know how it goes. :)

Ahhh, we Canucks have to pay about $8K in premium pricing to get into a new Gt versus a 2.5i. The difference is substantial. To some, $8K not spent on the GT could be a great used Civic, a huge home theatre set up in your house, baby college fund, etc.:icon_wink

Ahhh, we Canucks have to pay about $8K in premium pricing to get into a new Gt versus a 2.5i. The difference is substantial. To some, $8K not spent on the GT could be a great used Civic, a huge home theatre set up in your house, baby college fund, etc.:icon_wink

Hmmm, wonder why it's so much more for the GT up there. Can't you come over to the US and purchase one though? I've seen quite a few threads of people doing that because it's incredibly less expensive for you guys to do that because of the exchange rate.

Hmmm, wonder why it's so much more for the GT up there. Can't you come over to the US and purchase one though? I've seen quite a few threads of people doing that because it's incredibly less expensive for you guys to do that because of the exchange rate.

Unfortunately for our Canuck brothers, the Subies they're after were built when the exchange rate was ridiculous. Now the C$ has appreciated big time against the US$ which makes going the US route to purchase very compelling. (Actually, what has happened is that the US$ has depreciated greatly vs almost all other major currencies.)

Unfortunately for our Canuck brothers, the Subies they're after were built when the exchange rate was ridiculous. Now the C$ has appreciated big time against the US$ which makes going the US route to purchase very compelling. (Actually, what has happened is that the US$ has depreciated greatly vs almost all other major currencies.)

Right, which is why it'd be much better for them to cross the border, pick up a car, and import it to canada (from what I understand, it's not that difficult to import one to canada).

Anyway, congrats on getting them installed! Pics when you get them!

maybe the price difference in the states is less, but in canada a 2.5i is about 7 grand cheaper then a GT...:( add that plus the cost of premium fule and lesser fuel economy. big difference..

Right, which is why it'd be much better for them to cross the border, pick up a car, and import it to canada (from what I understand, it's not that difficult to import one to canada).

It actually works both ways. When the exchange rate was the other way, a lot of folks in the US were heading to Canada to buy cars. Perfectly legal. What happened here in Chicagoland was that the local dealers were losing enough business that they threatened to not honor the warranties on Canadian purchased vehicles.

What happened here in Chicagoland was that the local dealers were losing enough business that they threatened to not honor the warranties on Canadian purchased vehicles.

Wow, that's typical dealer BS... :icon_mad: I don't know if they could legally do that. ??

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

Wow, that's typical dealer BS... :icon_mad: I don't know if they could legally do that. ??

I'm not 100% sure how it turned out, but I think the OEMs insisted that the warranties be honored. However, that doesn't mean that the dealers would be 100% into fixing your car if you know what I mean.

Archived