LegacyGT.com

Is alignment after rear spring replacement?

f1anatic

Quick question: if I replace one rear spring, do I have to get an alignment done ? Stock suspension (stock springs with KYB GR-2 replacement struts). The gap between the fender and the wheel was smaller on the left side than on the right side. So you could say that it was sagging, by about "1 finger" thickness. I kept the same strut, 15,000 miles, not leaking. The car has always sagged on the left rear (I am now on the 3rd rear spring).

Should I still get the alignment? No other suspension work was done. Thanks.

Quick question: if I replace one rear spring, do I have to get an alignment done ? Stock suspension (stock springs with KYB GR-2 replacement struts). The gap between the fender and the wheel was smaller on the left side than on the right side. So you could say that it was sagging, by about "1 finger" thickness. I kept the same strut, 15,000 miles, not leaking. The car has always sagged on the left rear (I am now on the 3rd rear spring).

Should I still get the alignment? No other suspension work was done. Thanks.

It's a good idea to since you changed the ride height.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Sounds like there may be more an issue with your trailing arm on that side.

And raising the car, does change your static camber, albeit slightly, it will affect your toe as well.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Thank you for your responses. It never occurred to be to investigate the trailing arm. I can re-assure everyone that nothing is broken on the car or bent. In the fall of 2012 I did have all the bushings replaced, front and rear, and no problems were reported at the time. I drive my car very little - between 07 July 2013 and 12 April 2014, I drove exactly....3004 miles (measured between oil changes). Between the bushings and the July 2013 oil change I may have driven another 5,000 miles. No memorable potholes or other suspension-damaging events.

Changing the spring somewhat alleviated the sagging issue.

I guess I will take her in for an alignment.

Archived