LegacyGT.com

Bolts for uppipe to exhaust?

ColoSoca

Hey all,

Yesterday when trying to remove my uppipe I accidentally snapped one of the bolts connecting the uppipe to the exhaust manifold. Below is a picture of the other extremely rusty one... You can see why it broke. I need 2 new ones. Does anyone know this part number?

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Are you sure that is the uppipe bolt? That doesn't look the bolts that were on my uppipe (which I just swapped a couple weeks ago) but perhaps we have different models or either mine or yours had been replaced with a different set-up at some point.

That's one of the doughnut flange bolts that connect your downpipe to your cat. If that's holding your up-pipe to the manifold, there's something very wrong going on.

I recently reinstalled my OEM up-pipe and had those bolts snap when trying to remove the downpipe to make room. I bought a replacement pair at Advanced Auto but end up reusing the original rusty spring with the new nut and bolt. The new bolt came with a new spring (which was slightly longer than the old one but might just be the old one has compressed over time) but I couldn't squeeze it enough by myself under the car and also start the nut. It's held fine since.

Archived