LegacyGT.com

JL Audio Cleansweep died?!

rockford33

Anybody who bought a Cleansweep when they first came out have problems with them yet? I have had mine installed since Dec 05 with no problems until today. I got in my car and noticed no bass! I was hoping it was a blown fuse or loose wire, but the power light on the amp still comes on and the wires to the sub were on tight. Then I thought it might be the sub, so I unhooked it, grabbed one of the factory speakers I had stashed away and hooked that up. All I got was real soft hissing (barely audible) through the speaker, so I don't think it is the sub either. So, since I have (hopefully) ruled out the suba and amp, that only leaves the Cleansweep. And it is out of warranty to boot!

Anybody have issues with their Cleansweep or think of anything I forgot to check?

If I remember correctly, the installer told me he put it in the passenger footwell next to the ECU. I won't have a chance today to pull it out to look at it since it looks like rain :(

Thanks,

Neil

Ok, did a little more research tonight. Found the Cleansweep under the passenger footwell. All four green lights are on. I then unplugged each RCA output and listened as each speaker cut out in the doors. Now it looks like my RCA outputs from the 500/1 amp are used, so I am assuming they are feeding the rear inputs for the 300/4 amp, which powers all the door speakers, and the front inputs on the Cleansweep are connected directly to the 300/4 front inputs. So somehow the 500/1 is still powered, passing signal to the 300/4 for the rear speakers, but not playing the sub. Does that make any sense? If the amp went up, would parts of it still work and others not?

Of course that would suck if the amp went up since it costs more than the Cleansweep! Hopefully it is just a wiring issue, but now I think the problem is starting to point to the amp and not the Cleansweep. I am going to try and pull the rear seat off this week to get to the wiring.

-Neil

Pretty sure I checked that the switch was set to bypass. Everything has been installed for 2.5 years and I haven't touched it. I did look at the switches, etc. to make sure that they hadn't been bumped accidentally and everything looked as it should.

-Neil

• 4 weeks later...

Archived