LegacyGT.com

My First MOD!

RobY

I got my STi Piston Shaped Titanium Shift knob in the mail today... Its a bit smallish and a bit lightish. Definately not as comfy as the stock knob. But hey its titanium, it looks hot, it gets hot, and it says STi ! One thing I noticed is that the stock knob weighs a ton and a half. Its pretty well weighted, Its at least a pound.

I can't no digicam. All the money goes to the car... :D Its basicly the same knob that Subaru offers as an option for the WRX. I got it used off NASIOC. Hey what do you know I found the pic of the exact same one taken by the seller... [url]http://www.cnw.com/~lavinrac/stiknob.jpg[/url]

[quote name='axis008']Looks good! After looking at liquidiq's picture, it would look even better if a STS is installed. So how many times have you had the STi logo branded into your skin? :P[/quote] Not enough :D I like my Sti Palm brand red and prominent... I guess Ill have to park it in the sun for longer... I agree I cant wait till Kartboy gets goin on a shifter for this car... It would look great with it sitting about an inch lower.

LOL....I know I guess I'm just an idiot, but I'm not down with all the things that SAY "STI" when the car really isn't. When I was picking up my LGT, there was a "kid" there with a regular WRX but he'd put on an STI wing, and had and intake and exhaust. But he also had the STI stickers on the door and on the back. I asked him, "why would you want to drive around with the STI stickers on a car that anybody who knows what that means KNOWS your car is NOT an STI? It only makes you look like a ricer or poser." His response, "cause it looks good!" Maybe to him. Meanwhile he was still rolling on the ugly stock 16 inch wheels. LOL

...if God intended us to have STI parts he would have made us an STI? I might smirk when I see something like that kid's car, but if he can't afford the real thing at least he can try to simulate his dream car. Guys with regular caprices used to buy the Impala SS grille, wheels, spoiler to simulate the real thing and I remember being a little smug about having the real thing. After meeting some of the wanna-be owners at club events I began to appreciate that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Their efforts were a tribute and frankly I felt ashamed that I didn't put as much effort into my car as they had theirs. They were true enthusiasts in their own way. The Caprice, Legacy (even if they make an STI) are not thoroughbreds however - they're just factory souped up versions of the regular thing. Our society has pushed style over substance to the point where teens will dress like gangsters and it becomes mainstream culture. Life is becoming a fashion statement.

[quote name='Autophysics']...if God intended us to have STI parts he would have made us an STI? I might smirk when I see something like that kid's car, but if he can't afford the real thing at least he can try to simulate his dream car. Guys with regular caprices used to buy the Impala SS grille, wheels, spoiler to simulate the real thing and I remember being a little smug about having the real thing. After meeting some of the wanna-be owners at club events I began to appreciate that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Their efforts were a tribute and frankly I felt ashamed that I didn't put as much effort into my car as they had theirs. They were true enthusiasts in their own way. The Caprice, Legacy (even if they make an STI) are not thoroughbreds however - they're just factory souped up versions of the regular thing. Our society has pushed style over substance to the point where teens will dress like gangsters and it becomes mainstream culture. Life is becoming a fashion statement.[/quote] The point that many are missing is that STi is also an in-house performance parts maker for Subaru. What's wrong with having STi parts on your non-STi vehicle? Nothing, nothing at all. Posing is one thing, but having parts from a parts manufacurer is another.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'] The point that many are missing is that STi is also an in-house performance parts maker for Subaru. What's wrong with having STi parts on your non-STi vehicle? Nothing, nothing at all. Posing is one thing, but having parts from a parts manufacurer is another.[/quote] Amen brother.

That looks great man. You just inspired me to forego the Ltd and get the Silver GT I have been looking at. [quote name='liquidiq']Heh, already beat ya to it, had it in my 2002 WRX wagon, so I took it with me. (56k go get coffee) [url]http://imagehost.peanutbuttermonkeyball.com/LGTinside.jpg[/url][/quote]

Archived