LegacyGT.com

So I know that a lot of us are afraid of the whole oil feed issue for the turbo. My brother came up with a valid point when I was doing my oil in his shop. When I took out the banjo bolt he saw how small the hole was for the filter. So his question was could that hole be drilled to a bigger size to allow more oil to go through? Obviously the filter would be gone if you drill through that but has anyone else thought of this? Or does anyone make the banjo bolt with a bigger hole with the filter?

the banjo bolt in question, with the filter, is underneath the turbo and attached to the cyl head. the bolt ontop of the turbo has no filter, though the hole is small, IHI turbos generally don't require a lot of oil to be properly lubricated. As long as there's oil press to that bolt, there is adequate lubrication. Turbos come with their own appropriate bolt, BTW. Some manufacturer's bolts have much larger holes than others depending on the CHRA cartridge and it's particular oil flow requirement (bearing design).

I still haven't pulled my banjo (I know, I know...)

Thread jack, but for those that have done it--can it be done without removing any parts? If so, is it easier from the top or the bottom of the car?

Someone likes to live dangerously.

No

Top like he said.

The heat shield may be in the way also.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

you get a thanks, and i dont get a thanks. blasphemy.

Who said "thanks" ?

I think your reading way to much into this... LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived