LegacyGT.com

Legacy takes on Hell’s Revenge Trail in Moab

I want to know what is mods are so I can find out that they're too expensive for me and then be sad

Probably just a 2 or 3 inch lift kit and a custom skid plate. Less than a grand if installed yourself. Plus the cost of larger tires.

http://andersondesign-fab.com/lgy-10-16.html

Wonder if there's any fancy driveline work to cope with lifting tires like that on cross-articulation, or if he's relying on VDC is kicking in and braking the lifted corners to keep the other ones turning?

Edit: haven't watched the video, could well be covered in there.

Another fun use for a 2011 GGM 3.6R :)

Where is out resident off-road Outback member to chime in on this?

YouTube video posted back in early March 2016.

And from its descriptions we learn:

2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6r with 2013 Subaru Outback struts and 1/2" strut top spacers. Other mods includes oversized tires (225-65-17) Outback OME rear upper control arms and subframe spacers. All Outback parts are Direct bolt-on. I created a custom front bumper using a factory one that was modified by cutting four and a half inches off the middle of it and then plastic welding the lower part back on it again and make it look stock. The modified front bumper was a must to tackle this Trail, it significantly improved approach angle. I finish the project by adding primitive racing skid plates and adding a 12 inch extension to the front of it with a welded reinforcement bar behind. I'm a dental technician not a mechanic but I love to tinker with things and this was one of my projects.

I sent this video to one of my friends whose got a jeep and is constantly saying that Subarus can't do anything jeeps can do. His response to this was "BS" before even watching it. Gotta love people who just take what the title says and ignore it cause they've got a jeep and it's sooooo much better. [emoji38]

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

That's sweet! Seems like he is running the same exact setup as me with an additional lift from extended top hats. He also installed the subframe spacer to re-center the rear wheel.

I have outback struts and springs but no top hat spacers. I also re-centered the rear wheel with custom made trailing arms that are about 2 inches longer than stock.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I sent this video to one of my friends whose got a jeep and is constantly saying that Subarus can't do anything jeeps can do. His response to this was "BS" before even watching it. Gotta love people who just take what the title says and ignore it cause they've got a jeep and it's sooooo much better. [emoji38]

I own a Jeep and two Subies. I have driven my buddies Jeep on Hells Revenge. It's not a terribly difficult trail and most of the big obstacles have go arounds. Definitely have some very steep grades and a couple of the very steep drops aren't on this video. I still wouldn't try this in my GT by any means. Props to this dude. There is also a video of a guy doing this trail in a Crown Vic. Make sure to have your Jeep buddy check that out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived