LegacyGT.com

Opening up the 6mt for goodies

Streetlegal

So I went ahead and bought a front LSD from an '11 STI. Cross referencing part numbers it is the same as the '06 that some others have swapped in :cool:

With that being said, I will be pulling the trans to do all this fun stuff. I know for sure I am going to figure out and fix my reverse lock out issue but I was wondering what else people would suggest to replace while I'm in there. I'm more familiar with RWD transmissions but from the videos and diagrams I've found it seems pretty similar. I don't plan on completely disassembling the entire trans so no worries on that. I also have another vehicle so the scubaru can be out of commission for a couple days while I do this.

I was thinking about doing the clutch while I'm in there but my stock one is holding great for me so I wasn't sure. Eventual power goal plans is 400awhp on E85. I do plan on at least checking on the flywheel when I take it off and check on the syncros while I'm in there. I also already have new mounts and everything ready to go in.

I'll take a bunch of pictures and make a how-to when I am done since I can't seem to find one about swapping the front diff with pictures and whatnot.

Got the diff and whatnot in the mail. Just did more checking on part numbers and seems like everything should work perfectly. If anything the roller bearings on the side might be slightly different. A whole $2 part to change if needed.

Archived