LegacyGT.com

Coilover Stupid Question....

stedler

I recently had to remove my MR Outback Coilovers to take my car in for warrantee work. ( torn CV boot and leaking dif) I was advised by one of the mechanics at the dealer to remove them before bringing the car in for service or I'd be charged for the repairs, so I did. ( I kept the original struts)

Now the repairs are done, everything is peachy, and I need to reinstall my coilovers. Unfortunately, do to an accident that collapsed my L1 vertebrae and did more damage to the disk at L4/L5, I can no longer work on my car myself, the pain is to intense.

I went to a couple of shops in town to see if they would install them, only to be told that they didn't have the necessary equipment to set up the car properly, they said something about a laser for ride height adjustment, I think. (the only thing I can recall in a garage that needed a laser was the alignment machine.):spin:

Any ideas what they are talking about.

I live in Cocoa Beach Florida.

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice.

They're passing the buck. All you need is a tape measure for ride height adjustment. You get the alignment *after*...

FWIW - I got coilover installs quoted and around here, they ran about $399 - which after I did it myself, seems like it almost might be worth it. Those damn bottom bolts are a real PITA.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

They're passing the buck. All you need is a tape measure for ride height adjustment. You get the alignment *after*...

FWIW - I got coilover installs quoted and around here, they ran about $399 - which after I did it myself, seems like it almost might be worth it. Those damn bottom bolts are a real PITA.

Yeah, didn't sound right to me. $399 install, damn...

when I installed mine the first time it took about 2hrs, I set the ride height with a tape measure... (I lifted my legacy 2" so I could haul my Segway on the back) It also allows for traveling offroad with out worrying so much about banging the undercarriage on a rock.

Archived