LegacyGT.com

Subaru "Blue Tee" Replacement!

Here are pictures of the Grimmspeed EBCS installed on the MAP sensor nut as shown on the Gremmspeed website installation video. You can see how easy it is to get to all of the fittings, but you'll notice that the intake tube connection port (the one on the right) ends up laying on top of the alternator when using the "straight-90-straight" configuration (note that the power steering pump is removed in these pictures for clarity but does not interfere with these installation locations):

1798765752_Installed-VideoLocation-Straight90Straight.thumb.JPG.ca6d4378f9cda5bb4bf33124736faa38.JPG

If, instead, you use a 90 degree fitting at that location, you can see that it clears the alternator much better:

313292701_Installed-VideoLocation-ShowingClearancetoAlt.thumb.JPG.39cc2f8b2d140602bf1a791d968c3af4.JPG

This works very well. However, I prefer putting it where the stock Subaru boost controller was located. It looks more congested here, but it is actually very easy to get to everything once you dismount it from the bracket. Also, it does not interfere with access to the alternator electrical plug (the green one). Either way works good. I would still recommend using the 90 elbow fitting on the intake tube connection (back port) for this installation in order to make hose routing easier under the intake manifold:

1664892701_Installed-StockLocation-VeryCloseup.thumb.JPG.3a19efa6a2dba75742ea1d5183fe93fa.JPG

1995468076_Installed-VideoLocation-Straight9090.thumb.JPG.62275eecbffe8715c30fcba70093870b.JPG

1847046727_Installed-StockLocation-Overall.thumb.JPG.14d66c657785e4e3b42968bd7c9474ec.JPG

1330359836_Installed-StockLocation-Closeup.thumb.JPG.4729c3860913f0797d61f634a79c09bf.JPG

1383167370_Installed-StockLocation-Closeup2(1).thumb.JPG.c3348d0bf9a0112b7f96fc1bb1b94e7e.JPG

Edited by Saltysubie

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to find 1/4 id vac line around here. No one has any in stock. Soon as I find some I'll do my writeup for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Sounds good. We're in pretty good shape. I wasn't expecting Saltysubie to cover the stock location, but he did anyway. :wub:

More confirmation and pics is always better though. :D

+1 on the stock EBCS location! That's where I ended up putting mine too.

You should be able to get 1/4" vac OR fuel line at any chain auto store (auto zone, advanced auto, etc...)

I think I just used fuel line ;)

Sorry Turkeylord,

I thought you can paypal the additional cost of shipment to Russia...

So, the cost of refund you incured I can cover.

Nevertheless, thanks for the great idea, I ordered the GS tees custom-made. Later, will post pictures to compare with US quality!:)

• 4 weeks later...

The obvious next evolution in the development of these is a blue t replacement with an additional port for a boost gauge vac line. Funny Story, I replaced my blue t with the stainless t, and had to add the blue t back in to get signal to my VBG-1.

And Turkeylord, I must publicly apologize for completely dropping the ball on the review of the ebc fittings. He was kind enough to send me a set gratis to review and I haven't fulfilled my end of the bargain in doing the review. I will get a review done soon, once I can locate 1/4 inch vac line around here. If you would like me to send you cash for the ones you so graciously sent me, I will do so and would expect no less. Thanks for the awesome product.

I do actually have a quote to produce the boost gauge cross fittings, but their cost would be 4x as expensive as the tees. :( Just not sure they would move at what I would have to sell them for.

No problem man, maybe if I find a little time I'll send some 1/4" line your way too. :)

The obvious next evolution in the development of these is a blue t replacement with an additional port for a boost gauge vac line. Funny Story, I replaced my blue t with the stainless t, and had to add the blue t back in to get signal to my VBG-1.

And Turkeylord, I must publicly apologize for completely dropping the ball on the review of the ebc fittings. He was kind enough to send me a set gratis to review and I haven't fulfilled my end of the bargain in doing the review. I will get a review done soon, once I can locate 1/4 inch vac line around here. If you would like me to send you cash for the ones you so graciously sent me, I will do so and would expect no less. Thanks for the awesome product.

Incorrect. The next logical step is for you to buy a second "T". Put it in the BOV line (manifold to BOV). It will fit and work perfect for a boost gauge.

I'm thinking about switching up one of the 90° EBCS fittings up to a 3/8ths inch barb to better match the fitting on the inlet. I need to pick up a little 3/8ths vac line and check the inlet. I was able to stretch 1/4 on there pretty readily, but 3/8ths might be better...

You might be over thinking it too. Lol. Many customers vent to atmosphere rather than plumbing back the bleed. Plus even Subaru used a reducing barb on that line from the factory. Just food for thought before you spend more time and money on a product that is already a vast improvement.

But I am intrigued as you know I am working on some new "toys".

There's no additional cost compared to the 1/4 fittings, except for the fact that I'd be overstocked on 1/4" 90s. Then again, that line is never under boost so the reducer isn't that big of a deal.

I'll put it this way - if someone wants 1/8 npt to 3/8 barb fittings, I'll make the investment in a bag of 25.