LegacyGT.com

Learning view of a friend's car - thoughts?

LGTspecB1657615261

I have attached a Learning view screenshot from a friend's car.

2003 WRX MT

He put MBC on years ago increasing the boost (16 psi maybe?) Bone stock otherwise, and has been that way for a while. No tuning.

I used Learning View to pull a recent CEL code for him, and this is what came up (see attached).

I am still learning myself, so I would like to ask what is everyone's opinion of what they see? I think he should go back to stock EBCS and find an open source stg 1 map if there is one out there. Or pony up $150 and have Infamous create a map for him using just logs. With just stage 1 you can probably get a decent eTune without a WB AFR.

Thoughts?

769601681_LearningView_SS_6-5-2009125247PM.jpg.562de7dad7366f01f6d3a9a8452aa91a.jpg

I found an OS stg 1 map floating around that supposedly will work with his ECU, the map code ends in 400L.

For some reason I could not pull the stock ROM with ECUflash. Not sure why, my definitions are up to date. So for right now, I can't even test the map out if I wanted to. Of course it would also require that I hook up his stock ECBS back up.

That's not a healthy car, the ECU is pulling lots of timing to limit detonation. And since it thinks he just got a tank of crap gas, it's going to continue adding timing, knocking, pulling timing, and so on, in hopes that the problem goes away on its own. But it won't. He needs to dump the MBC or get a tune.

Archived