LegacyGT.com

iON Performance Springs Group Buy #3

Mr. T

Given the great reviews of the iON Performance Springs that have been purchased and installed so far (and after missing out on the last GB) I 'm starting a 3rd group buy. The normal price is approximately $389 + shipping so there is a pretty good incentive to hop on the group buy bandwagon :D

Remember, you need to make a 50% (on the spring cost only) non-refundable deposit with your order.

The pricing is as follows: (this is at the current exchange

rate). Note pricing is for payment via Intl MO, CC via Paypal subject to 5%

equalization charge. Please remember to be involved in the GB, 50%

non-refundable deposit is required. Deposit is 50% of the spring cost only.

The remaining 50% and shipping will be due just prior to the springs being

shipped.

$335US+shipping for 10 people.

$335US+shipping (w/10% off shipping) for 20 people.

$335US+shipping (w/15% off shipping) for 30 people.

$335US+shipping (w/20% off shipping) for 40 people.

Shipping is highly variable pending the State you reside; as well as

residence vs. business address. If you're out on the East Coast in FL,

shipping would be ~$57US to a residence. If you're in Washington State it

would be $45US to a residence.

As for timing, the sooner the target # of people that's reached, the sooner

everyone will get their springs. If we end the GB on the last day of

September. The springs will start shipping mid-end of November.

We seem to have enough interest to get to at least 10 very quickly so let's shoot for September 30 to close this out.

I'll start a list and will update it as time permits. Just post your interest or PM me directly and I'll add you to it. :cool:

Name Vehicle Type/Trans

1. Mr. T Sedan/5MT

2. sivs Wagon/5MT

3. Mudfoot Wagon/Auto

4. Blacky Sedan/5MT

5. Karamba Wagon/5MT ---- Halfway there!

6. Dashwort77 Wagon/5MT

7. JOebert Sedan/5MT

8. Shaggin-Wagon Wagon/5MT

9. Walker LGT Sedan/5MT ---- ONE MORE! :)

10. RONY Sedan?/??? !!! :D

11. Pedzola LGT ?/? :cool:

12. Dudemius LGT Sedan/5MT

9-27: See post #72 for info on what information is needed and how to handle your deposits :cool:

Send deposits via Paypal to this address; sales@ionperformance.com

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how long will the stock struts last once these are on. Just normal everyday driving. No tracking the car

Jack, from iON, told us in the last group buy that the iON sport springs only shorten the life span of the stock struts by about 10-12%. It all depends on how you drive and the type of roads you drive on...the % could go up or down. A person with the stock set up and drives hard and on crappy roads could have their struts wear out sooner than a person with iONs driving on better roads.

in the end not a bad trade off for the extra performance. like with most performance items....some sacrifices. but in the end....big smile on your face. :D

Ok so I guess my next question is what is the average life span of stock struts on the stock setup. I know this varies but my last car I owned for 3.5 years and never replaced them. About how long before you should look to replace stocks?

Then I will reduce that by 20% to be safe as a with iONS estimate

i may want them but $400 after shipping and $300 to install is a STEEP mod. I don't know how to install springs so I have to pay for it

They are easy to install. A little crazy glue and duct tape and you're there :lol:

Actually, I did ask the same question regarding install and what I read made it seem that it wasn't all that bad to do yourself, just takes some time (4-6 hours) and a spring compressor.

What's the CDN cost, and can I walk down the street to pick them up (saving on delivery?) I've got a 5MT Wagon.

Thanks, still pondering my decision atm.. will let you know!

Good question. I'll send an email and let you know what I found out.

Mr. T

i may want them but $400 after shipping and $300 to install is a STEEP mod. I don't know how to install springs so I have to pay for it

keep looking around. my first quote was $350. I've since found a high perfomance shop that will do the install for $175.

mudfoot - The GB sign-up end date is Sept 30th. The springs will not be shipping until ~mid November. It takes time to manufacture 'em ;)

Yes a minimum of 10 people is required. That is the nature of a GB.

As mentioned in the very first post. Only a 50% deposit on the cost of the springs is required to participate. The remaining 50% + shipping is due prior to the springs being shipped.

If this has to go past Sept I think I'll back out. Do we need a minimum of 10 people?

Minimum on the group buy is 10. Just keep posting to the thread to keep it in the spotlight. I know there are a couple more out there just about ready to push the "I'm in" button :D

mudfoot - The GB sign-up end date is Sept 30th. The springs will not be shipping until ~mid November. It takes time to manufacture 'em ;)

Yes a minimum of 10 people is required. That is the nature of a GB.

As mentioned in the very first post. Only a 50% deposit on the cost of the springs is required to participate. The remaining 50% + shipping is due prior to the springs being shipped.

Wow, 2 answers for the price of one! What a deal! :dm:

What's the CDN cost, and can I walk down the street to pick them up (saving on delivery?) I've got a 5MT Wagon.

Thanks, still pondering my decision atm.. will let you know!

Regarding your question, Per iON:

The cost for fellow Canadians is $401.95CAD + shipping + GST for payment via

Money Order or Cash.

If they're local in Calgary, they can p/u and there'd be no shipping costs.

Let me know if you have any other questions... Mr. T :cool:

Archived