LegacyGT.com

Question on vf48 with fmic

austin42008

I have a similar setup (vf43)..depending on the dyno, you will probably get 285-290 whp - maybe 300-310whp with fuel upgrades.

Here is one of my early road dyno runs...this is with DW 740 injectors and AVO Pump. After tweaking the tune, I got a little more out of it.

249503926_VF48.thumb.JPG.63b09fdbfe763bff9753193825d19ad6.JPG

OP I ran a vf39 FMIC and no fuel mods. Was good for 8.4 @ 86mph in the 8th. A little under 300whp and quite a bit over 300wtq. As you can see I've since gone on to 850cc injectors and e85 fuel but am still on my "little" turbo.

How about you have an auto, it eats numbers on a dyno. Dont be concerned about numbers and unless you do an IPT valve body mod and a tranny cooler you dont want to add too much power to that tranny unless you are planning to do work to the tranny later.

Swett that Those numbers are pretty much what I'm looking for around 300. What fmic are you running

RacerX

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lalgt-rebuild-thread-152682.html?highlight=lalgt+rebuild

RacerX is the best bang for the buck... you can hit those same numbers on a TMIC. What's your reason for wanting a FMIC?

Looking to do... a vf48

He is looking at FMIC because vf39/43/48 are STI fitment not LGT fitment:rolleyes:.

EDIT: FWIW OP I see what you are doing here. You were checking out the STI turbos in F/S threads. Consider the following...

BnR16g + TMIC (less hassle, oem fitment, more expensive)

vf39/43/48 + FMIC (used turbo is cheaper but is still IHI style and will wear out, FMIC in a TMIC car requires some "living with")

On stock fueling the TMIC gives similar enough results with less hassle, more oem fitment with a TMIC. The TMIC + 16g will be more expensive.

Since I have moved on to bigger injectors, fp, e85 fuel, etc I am glad I went FMIC. If I stayed on oem fueling I probably would have been just as good or better off TMIC because of ease of maintenance. GL!

He is looking at FMIC because vf39/43/48 are STI fitment not LGT fitment:rolleyes:.

Going to the STI/WRX fitment does not mean you have to go FMIC. There are other options. Granted, they don't look as cool but they work great and are very cost effective.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tmic-under-300-105992.html?t=105992&highlight=%24300+TMIC

+1 on performance.

I have tuned my car with a Perrin TMIC before upgrading to the FMIC...same tune same weather, the FMIC made more power consistantly.

How much power are you thinking with just the switch to FMIC from aftermarket TMIC and your tuning changes only?

I went with the IPR for ease, "stock like fitment" and oem looks etc, though part of me still feels like I'm "doing it wrong" based on the cost of the Racerx..

I saw about 10-15 whp on airboys sheet while on the stock vf40. The airflow jumped about 15-20 g/sec. When I turned up the boost with the TMIC g/sec stayed flat, I made nothing, with the FMIC it made a little more..5 g/sec (maybe). So total, was about 20 g/sec. And I was still hitting 18psi by 3100-3200 RPM.

I plan on haveing th sti turbo sent to bnr when I get more money have It made as a hybrid 18g

^not a good option... So you are going to ruin a perfectly good STI turbo? You do realize that BnR rebuilds vf40 in hybrid for LGT fitment. Not vf46, not vf39, not vf43, not vf48; because the vf40 housing is great to hybridize and yeilds great results.

If my vf39 gets sent to BnR it will be rebuilt as a vf39.

Archived