LegacyGT.com

Good links & what to look for

Maybe OCDetails & others can provide a one stop place (a sticky topic) for the following:

1) What to look for in buying car towels (drying / cleaning)

2) Wash mitts

3) Cleaning products

4) Finish products

Links to where to buy, good prices, what to look for would help & answer a lot of questions.

i think OCD uses properautocare.com

1) towels need to be microfiber, and big enough that you can fold them up. some people like the small towels but they seem stupid to me since you know you're going to have to get several of them. the bigger towels like "big blue" seem better to me. that being said, the smaller towels also have uses, so maybe get a couple of each size.

2) microfiber again. i haven't seen anything special with wash mitts.

3) i think you can find a lot in the previous posts about cleaning products. be more specific. cleaning what? are you looking for soap? nxt is pretty good ... and cheap.

4) finishing products? as in polish/wax? i think that depends on whether you want sealant or a wax ... and how often you plan on washing the car. if you was every few weeks and live in a pretty normal climate, you may want wax. if you like to wash twice a year, then sealant is the way to go. wax, i don't know. i've only used the cheap zymol that you can buy at autozone. for polish, i (and OCD) really like wolfgang.

www.PremiumAutoCare.com is actually where I go. They are a vendor here and give us a 10% discount. ;)www.AutoGeek.net is another good source.

You can find loads of great products at Target. In fact, most of the products in this article can be found at Target and other local stores. They aren't known for carrying the highest quality microfiber in the world, but the towels you buy there are excellent for cleaning glass and interior. I've found that many of them leave too much lint behind to be effective on the paint. These are the towels that I use. I have never had a problem with them linting and they last forever.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived