LegacyGT.com

Uppipe install austin,tx

bushman33

Hey guys. I was looking for some advice on getting an uppipe installed. I'm picking up an STI UP on thursday and didn't really want to pay Mohammed over at MZM $150+ to get it installed. I'm kind of weary of doing it by myself aswell. I'm not sure if I have the tools either to accomplish this. (Lost over $200 worth of tools in my move back to Austin from Indianapolis a couple years back.) Anyone willing to help or know of a cheaper alternative? I don't have any mods other than a K&N intake on the car right now and I'm saving up for the rest of the exhaust as well as a tune via opensource or the easy AP route. I appreciate any help or advice. BTW, I'm wanting to get this done due to the fact that the car 74K and I'm just not trusting the catted up that is on there, plus the turbo is probably running on borrowed time as it is before needing replaced. (Also saving for a BNR turbo). Thanks guys.

-Jason

I'd be willing to help if it came down to it, although I only have ramps. Its not too hard as I've pulled the DP, turbo and up myself before, but I was using my friend's lift. I'm free next week(my spring break). I do have another alternative for you(paying a shop) but I've lost my buddy's number so I'll have to get back to you. If you are in the DFW area at all, consider AWD Tuning, I can vouch for their work as will others here.

-Brian

• 2 weeks later...

for the posters here.. I just moved to the Austin area. I've been working on Subarus, Porsches, BMWs and Lotus for the past couple of years back in Southern California. The guys in the SoCal forums can vouch for my work if you are curious. I've done anything from simple maintenance/fluid changes to clutch swaps, turbo swaps and an engine rebuild here and there.

I'll actually be doing the up install for bushman (Jason).

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

for the posters here.. I just moved to the Austin area. I've been working on Subarus, Porsches, BMWs and Lotus for the past couple of years back in Southern California. The guys in the SoCal forums can vouch for my work if you are curious. I've done anything from simple maintenance/fluid changes to clutch swaps, turbo swaps and an engine rebuild here and there.

I'll actually be doing the up install for bushman (Jason).

Do you own/work at a shop in Austin?

No, I've been doing this as a hobby for about 10 years now. When I was working a regular 8-5 back about 4 years ago I was busy enough doing this that I pondered about opening one of my own. The issue back then was that there are a million shops in SoCal and so I've kept it as a side job thing. I'm fairly knowledgeable, honest, and affordable to boot. I also know a few people out there that I connect with when I have any weird issues that come up from time to time. Also, what I did at times in SoCal was have John from HB Speed collaborate with me. I'd do the install, he would provide the base map for the car to drive over and get tuned. Last car I did this way was a meth injected STi with a FP Green and all sorts of other stuff. That one made 420whp/460wtq.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I can vouch that Jsalicru DEFINITELY knows his stuff and was great to work with. For anyone in the immediate area that needs some work done, you have to get in touch with him!!!! He'll let you know how much and if he can do it or not, but I don't think he'd shy away from the business. THANKS AGAIN, J!!! I'll get in touch with you soon about those headlights. Also, I am pretty sure that I'm riding this coming Sunday if you'd like to get out.

Sunday = midshift for me :( That sucks as I'd love to get out on the bikes with others. However, I will for sure hit you up for a ride as you gotta show me around the area :)

With that said, I'm glad that you are happy with the install. I will pick up that resistor and call you when I have it.

Archived