LegacyGT.com

Least favorite modifications?

If you had to do it all over again, which mods would you have NOT DONE? We have all seen a favorite mod list a zillion times - what have you spent money on, lived with, and wished you could undo???

Share your thoughts so others can avoid the same mistakes. ;)

I'll start - STi pitch mount and rear 12V socket in the wagon...both utterly useless, but cool ideas at first glance. :lol:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my car....the ill-fitting SPT Exhaust...since removed and replaced with the stocker....

On the wife's wagon...the 12v socket in the rear....we still haven't used it! :lol:

if I had to choose?

STi STS, never shifts right for some reason when im racing, probably just me though:lol:

I'd agree. I wasn't happy with it and took it out and replaced with a Cobb unit. Much better and half the price.

If you had to do it all over again, which mods would you have NOT DONE? We have all seen a favorite mod list a zillion times - what have you spent money on, lived with, and wished you could undo???

Share your thoughts so others can avoid the same mistakes. ;)

I'll start - STi pitch mount and rear 12V socket in the wagon...both utterly useless, but cool ideas at first glance. :lol:

What is a STi pitch mount, dear PGT?

What is a STi pitch mount, dear PGT?

it goes between the firewall and the transmission, to control movement. Looking at the STi one side by side with stock, the only visual difference is the sprayed on STi logo. It's $40 and you can't tell a difference. Supposedly, the rubber mounts are a harder durometer, but this rates a solid 'meh'

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/images/stipitchmount.jpg

At least it was easy to install ;)

:lol: it was part of a big order I placed with AVO last summer. To be honest....I don't think I have any of it left on my car. :mad:

Let me add....the AVO y-pipe and mufflers. Great performance wise, but loud as hell, didn't fit my wagon well, and the y-pipe hung so low my jack wouldn't fit under the rear diff. I sold the cans and went back to stock, then sold the y-pipe after hearing about lower cost options coming to market (like the SPT and Megan Racing).

the kartboy front shifter bushing. It made my car hard to shift , made the tranny hum, and grind gears. and no ploy bushing don't break in. It's your tranny soft parts that wear. why people use it is beyond me. The kartboy sts is all you need.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I've had my Perrin UP on for a month plus, and it's leaked for half of that time despite one mild attempt to fix it. I'm hoping OEM gaskets will fix it, but I wonder how much of the problem was an INSTALLER problem since he blew my UP, Downpipe, and Brembo install. UP leaks. Down has 4 washers on one replaced stud (he stripped 2) to get it tight, and my ss brake line leaked at the hardline junction (fixed for now by installer by tightening it even more). Luckily, he's asked me to bring the car back after he saw what his mechanics did to the up and downpipes (when he flatbedded the car for free to fix the leaking brakes) and all the fixes are free. He has taken a huge bath on these installs with $300 charged for all work and two solid days of work so far by a mechanic (with help from others).

Archived