LegacyGT.com

STI BBS/Advan Neovas on silver wagon

redline76

Picked these up last night for the tires, mainly but I might keep the wheels for a bit.

The tires are Yokohama Neovas in 225/45/17. I knew they looked wide off the car, but when lined up against my burnt out Michelin Pilot Sports, the're like the Falken Azenis in that the cross section (width) is closer to a 245. Inital impressions are very good; they're at least as quiet as the bald Pilots. I haven't really given 'em a workout yet, but I thought the Pilots were excellent tires and these are starting to redefine the word grip for me. I'll give a better review after I've put some miles on 'em, but so far I'm a fan, and it will be very interesting to see how these do on a track.

I took some quick pics for those who wanted to see how the silver BBS/ silver wagon combo would look in case they're considering it.

legbbs1.jpg.dd56f028d3436d32fec9ac1f77f2b305.jpg

legbbs2.jpg.2a5070d553817ae5365e8d7c4ee21c2c.jpg

legbbs3.jpg.8a077455ad65a9068fbfda79f2dd188f.jpg

legbbs4.thumb.jpg.044098a6f09971cd9c8454f28b389a55.jpg

legbbs5.thumb.jpg.0597e7c6323d75fc6d118965ad6ecf86.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. They're definitely growing on me.

ping, the ride height is not stock. I have the JDM GT Bilsteins all around with pinks up front and stock JDM Spec B springs in back. Having pinks in the rear didn't give me enough travel/exhaust clearance for when I overload the car every few months.

Thanks for the kind words. They're definitely growing on me.

ping, the ride height is not stock. I have the JDM GT Bilsteins all around with pinks up front and stock JDM Spec B springs in back. Having pinks in the rear didn't give me enough travel/exhaust clearance for when I overload the car every few months.

Hah, interesting. I am going to get JDM GT Bilsteins with JDM GT springs (complete take offs). I was agonizing about pinks (one member has them for sale) - I worrried it would drop the car too much. Your comment confirms that. So what did you run before pinks? Regular JDM Springs? USDM Springs? How do you like your current "mixed-up" setup?

Archived