LegacyGT.com

where to put gauges?

So I've installed guages in Imprezas, and there is always somewhere to put them. My 92 legacy , not so much. and I'd rather not run a universal a pillar setup- I have one in my jeep and it's annoying. Where can I put my gauges? I have 2, a a/f meter and a boost gauge both 2 5/8

I put mine on the dash for simplicity. Not the cleanest look. Lots of people put them on the steering cowl behind the steering wheel. Another place is to put them in the blank spot next to a single din radio. Others put them in the glove box since they don't really need to look at them all the time but I like being able to see them. I haven't installed an AFR in the tleggy though.

boostgauge.thumb.jpg.7b40e665c52f1aa22cdbf98f18272e03.jpg

I put my boost gauge under the ashtray near the shifter. I have an auto, and I don't smoke so it's out of the way. It is a bitch to look at it while driving? Kind of. I put it down there so it wasn't so obvious to a would be thief.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I used some either pvc pipe or an extension pipe from a shop vac, forgot exactly... but the 2-5/8" gauge fit nice and tight. I cut it with a sawzall and a file to fit flush to the pillar post. I bent up a steel strap for a little infrastructure, then I riveted to the pvc pipe and then to the pillar. Then some epoxy to seal the corners and paint, I like being able to watch my AFR's while I tune for max gas mileage on the fly. Some nice scenery of Sedona, AZ in this pic also. Our winter has been nice, usually there's some snow this time of year. http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20140323_122452_zpse3289ce0.jpg

^Wow! One of the nicest set ups I have ever seen. :)

The downside is losing the upper two vents. If you have A/C and live in a warm area that might be a hard sale. otherwise it allows for a lot of space. For heat I usually have the bottom vents on so it works well for me. Either way the bottom gauge placement works amazingly well.

The downside is losing the upper two vents. If you have A/C and live in a warm area that might be a hard sale. otherwise it allows for a lot of space. For heat I usually have the bottom vents on so it works well for me. Either way the bottom gauge placement works amazingly well.

It doesn't cover any vents, it attaches to the a-pillar plastic. I use AC a lot

Archived