LegacyGT.com

Is anyone else getting a threat detection message from Wheeldude.com?

FocuS

Hello All -

I have been looking at replacement options for my 19s and tried visiting Wheeldude.com for some Rota options...unfortunately, my browser as well as Google seem to think that it is an attack site.

I pushed past the warning because I thought it was just Win7 being careful and was then warned by my antivirus that a trojan/tracker was attempting to install software...

Anyone else having this issue?

• Mega Users
It could easily be a false alarm. It could also be from a previous incident that was fixed. Google is quick to put up warnings and slow to take them down. All it takes is one loaded ad and a report to google.

just dont install the adware stuff, have a good anti-virus/spyware program, your good to go.

for the record, i only got the message/error when using firefox, or googling it. IE just went straight to the site and then asked to install the software.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Usually I wouldn't mention it but I had to deal with uninstalling some malware just after my visit so I thought it warranted a warning to the community. It took a round of uninstalling and then a deep scan including anti-rootkit to clear my OS. I even had to reset my homepage and security settings...

It's been quite some time since i had issues like this...either way, the machine is fixed now!

Archived