LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT Wagon 5 Speed?????

First of all, about the title of this thread. ALL 2006 Legacy GT Wagons have a 5 speed transmission.

But it's true - that VIN does resolve to a 2006 Legacy 2.5GT Wagon with 5MT. Blue with taupe interior and no optional accessories.

I called Subaru about this car. It's a mystery, they can't say, how this car made out of factory. Also they weren't able to look up the car by last 8 digits of the VIN, like they usually do. By looking up entire VIN they found it though. The warranty started on May 12, 2005. I am guessing it's the manufacture date. Also, they have zero info on warranty claims. For normal cars, they do, although won't always tell the details.

I'd consider buying it, but the dealer won't budge on the price. I am not gonna pay for it more than I paid for a brand new 2005 leftover, even though it's a limited.

I'd consider buying it, but the dealer won't budge on the price.

Blimey. I want this car, but not for $24k. I'm planning to go look at it Wednesday night.

Note that the same dealer recently had a '04 STi at $29k which sat on the lot for months.

Yeah. Appears to be the stubborn type.

The car is certainly unique and may command extra in price. On the other hand, you know zero of the car history and if it was manufacturer car, i.e. not privately owned, I would imagine people beating crap out of it. That is, potential problems down the line.

Interesting thing is what happened between March when the car was auctioned off and August when it appeared for sale. Carfax may inaccurate/incomplete.

Bottom line is, this is a high-risk car...

• 2 weeks later...

Gone! :icon_mad:

I was still thinking about this car, but the dealer was not cooperative... would not take $21k I offered. I guess we was right expecting more dough for it, since the car is gone...

I really hope someone from this board bought this. Otherwise it'll be shame that an ultrarare, almost one of a kind car, ends up in some noob or grandma's hands....

• 8 years later...
  • I Donated Too
Apparently not and so this was a one off along with the fact it came with the factory short throw momo shifter and the sti gauge pack all as original options. Car was apparently a manufacturer car belonging to SOA for the first 18k miles. Was unique at the time. Still a nice nice car, just very tired engine now and possibly a disaster so likely new engine time.

Buy it cheap enough and it will definitely be worth nansb, especially if someone that buys it can afford to keep it forever. Cars that are bastards like this take a while to come up in value, but if it can actually be rebuilt back into pristine shape and there are no crashes on Carfax (regardless if reported or not-who cares if can't find it), then it could be worth something 15-20 years down the road-you know-when we're all driving Speeders like in Star Wars? :lol:

what i heard , after 05 lgt wagon was only offer automatic in US.

For 2006, the regular GT was dropped. Manual transmission is also discontinued in station wagon body.

As of the 2007 model year, the Legacy wagon and Outback were discontinued US,but not in Canada.

all this is confusing ...

i would really like to know numbers productions lgt wagon manual versus automatic!

Holy bump! Wow, the mystery car is still out there.

If I remember correctly, later when I dug into VIN numbers for 2006 I found two 5MT wagons. This was one of them.

Archived