LegacyGT.com

tablet with windows xp

MDKSDMF

im brand new to data logging ect. i have a macbook which wont run romraider and i dont want to use parallels. i have been able to get my hands on a tablet with xp. will this suffice for what i wanna do with it?

nearly any windows XP system will datalog if setup properly (drivers, cable, etc... This is actually the most difficult part to setup). I know a few people that use netbooks to datalog and they are extremely low on power.

Because you've got a 2005 model, you can use the VAG-COM cable from ebay ($14 shipped from China) and get the right drivers for it and datalog and even flash. Just do some research on the forums for those things.

Good practice to datalog, would be nice if they'd have a mac version.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

nice thanks for the help guys. executer, i have the 14$ cable and plan on downloading romraider onto the tablet and see what happens. ill keep reading up on datalogging etc, ill leave the flashing to the pro's :) and they do need some mac friendly versions :(

On a positive note, (I've setup my carPC quite a few times) but I got the cable to work on windows 7 with romraider this morning on my regular laptop. Because I knew what I was doing, it only took about 4 min to download, install, and setup everything for logging.

-Plug in cable, dont let windows install the drivers, manually choose which drivers to install

-Set cable speed from 9600 to 4800

-Install RomRaider

-Download ECU logging definitions

-Run RomRaider and point it to the ECU definitions

-Point RomRaider to the COM port the cable is using

-Select the variables you want logged

-Win!

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Let me put it this way, I am logging with RR on a Fujitsu Stylistic 3500.

We are talking 500MHz processor with 256MB RAM.

It only becomes problematic and "lags out" if there are too many parameters selected, but really this becomes a problem on most other systems as well. It's an ECU/OBD issue more than system issue.

• 5 months later...
I use a old P3 733Hz Well with84mn RAM running XP. I use it with a tactic 2.0 cable on my Cans 08. Once booted it does OK, connection is a little unstable at times. My setup showed more tables then the tuner's laptop with the same RR and ECUFlash definition loaded. Beat the he'll out of us. He used my setup instead for everything including 3 flashes.

Archived