LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Zarooo - what kit exactly did you buy and how are you connecting it? What device are you connecting to it?

If you have an iPod kit, it's possible you have a partial ground on one of the unused connectors. Are they free to move around or are they tied up somewhere?

It's also possible there's just a loose connection somewhere - have you had a chance to check all the plugs?

I need a little more info to help troubleshoot it, but I'm sure we can figure it out. Let me know what you have and check the connections if you can.

Thanks

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup - everything is in stock.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got done installing mine. Took me about 3 hours of casual working, including extra steps of taking out the arm rest console, drilling a hole and running the cord into the storage bin.

The instructions were clear and spot on. I didn't run into any trouble and was able to easily follow each step. One thing I'd maybe suggest is to move the removing of the face of the radio up in the steps a bit. Once you have the radio out of the car, there's no reason you can't remove the face first. Getting that off and set safely aside minimizes the chances for scratching it while you're disassembling the rest of the radio. Basically I'd remove the face first and put it back on last when doing all the work on the radio when it's out of the car.

Also, I purchased this to boost the signal from my Droid X:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P9EQH8/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics[/ame]

It makes a very big difference and I highly recommend it. Without the amp, I needed to crank up the volume on the car stereo when using my phone to play MP3s, Pandora or Slacker Radio....to the level where if you forgot and switched back to the car radio FM you would be in for a big loud surprise. With the amp, the levels are much closer when switching between CD and FM.

All in all, great product Jazzy!

Now I can use my new Droid x in the car and I love it.

I just got mine and installed it, after years of saying, "no, I don't need it that much..."

Yes, I did, dammit! My old iPod photo has been relegated to home audio duty for some time, but I have a feeling this will rejuvenate it :dm: I'd use my Droid, but I can't fit enough toonage on it :lol:

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

First Post.

Just installed Jazzy's Subaru Aux-in Pro iPod Kit. My notes/thoughts on the process below.

1. The installation took me about 3 hours end to end. I'm "computer" technical but had zero experience monkeying around with cars or car audio. Take that as you may.

2. The final result is incredible. Great quality sound, and a clean installation. Wife-approved and then some.

3. The instructions were indeed very well written and clear. I never once found myself falling into a "wtf?" stare with these directions... A testament to Jazzy's well-defined process.

4. I *could* have used some pointers on the following, however:

a. 12v power line locations: I ultimately figured it out after hitting other message boards and using some common sense, but I think I might have saved a good 30 minutes of installation time if I'd be told where to find (and how to tap) the 12v power wires for charging purposes.

b. Cable running tips/techniques: Again, not a big deal per se, but I could have saved another 30 minutes if I'd have been given instructions with some "common tactics" for how/where to run the input wires from the device back to the armrest and/or cigarette lighter locations so popular on the message boards.

5. DO try to bring along a basic magnet as you tackle this job. I dropped 3 screws over the course of the install and each time found myself thankful for the little fridge magnet I brought along to help me pick them up from the little center console crevices.

6. I personally decided to tap the power behind the front cigarette lighter. I also decided to run the input cables back, under the center console, and into the armrest cubbyhole. I drilled a vertical slot to the driver's side of the cubbyhole cigarette lighter and pushed the ipod and 3.5mm jack into that hole. I gave myself about 3 feet of slack (yes, alot) as well because I want to be able to pull the iPhone all the way up to the dash area to GPS purposes and whatnot if needed.

All in all: Thrilled with the product, the process & the result.

• 2 weeks later...

placed my order back in mid september and sent the money right when i made the order. I haven't received any information on wether the item was shipped, just an order confirmation.. tried to pm you a few days ago and still no response.. I guess im supposed to just sit on my hands and hope my $70 didn't fall into the abyss? :confused:

Really wanted to install this thing before the cold weather hit..

hey arctec, i finally heard from jazzy after sending him and email through his website... apparently he hasnt been keeping up to date on his account on here and as a result its been a month since i ordered and it just finally being shipped now.. hope you get yours quicker than mine, i have been waiting on this thing forever! just send him a message thru the contact us button on his site, seems to be the most effective way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What's the best way to have both an 1/8" and an ipod input? I'm thinking some sort of splitter after the ground loop should be enough, but I want to make sure before I buy everything.

I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure the kit has both an iPod dock and a 3.5mm male ... I'm pretty sure I tucked the 3.5mm wire under some trim when I installed it. I'll try to remember to check when I drive into work.

-Bob

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already in the 132 pages of posts but my eyes got blurry after about 30 pages:). Finally, (after being frustrated with no ipod connection for a few years), got around to ordering a Jazzy mod and I'm going for the install tomorrow. I'm not particularly comfortable ripping into my dash but the directions look pretty straightforward and it seems like tons of people have done this with no huge issues. A few questions that I can't see to find answers for:

Since the Jazzy board is going to live inside the radio, where is it actually attached once you have the ribbon cable plugged in? The pics on install are a bit ambiguous as to how this happens, anyone but closer detailed shots they can offer for install?

I purchased this kit with the Ground Loop Isolater as well. Are you guys able to just plug the RCA's from this right out of the back of the stereo and then just cram that little box somewhere deep in the dash? Any most importantly, where do you tap in the black ground wire and red wire out of the iPod power cable? Can't find info on that.

Any pics or links to more detailed posts on this whole install would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by shralp

from what i remember, it doesnt get connected to the radio, it just sits in there more or less.

a couple parts of the instructions were a bit vague, but it went ok.

There were virtually no instructions for the ipod power. i brought the power wire down to the cigarette lighter power... and just cut the oem wire, spliced in the ipod power, and used crimped on a connection. then lots of elec. tape to make sure i didnt have any leaky interference.

think i just used one of the 10 thousand stereo chassis screws for the ground. just has to go to metal.

I did the pro kit on my wife's car, and it took about 2 - 2.5 hours. that was with me trying to figure a couple of things out, running back and forth for tools, and to the PC to look up things on this thread!

it works great though!